serious stuff

^^^^^^ Given your, proven, single digit IQ, certainly not as difficult as it is for you.

Exactly half yours, certainly.

Nope. Three digits, no zeros in mine at all.

See above.

...picking your nose while head up ass.

Reply to
krw

nickCoatB...

I read a funny historical deflation story (from Germany, I think). Borrowers were chasing bankers, trying to pay off their loans. The bankers were running, trying to get away.

Bankers, running. That's funny.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

In some ways it's better not to save--the people with savings are the ones who'll pay. It's better to buy things whose value doesn't depend on the governmint[sic], if you can.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

shop:

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

lesnickCoatB...

ROTF!

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Unfortunately, you need a working government to provide the police to protect property you've bought. There's not a lot of point in buying stuff that can be stolen. Education can't be stolen, but in the absence of government it ceases to be a particuarly valuable asset.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

What price would that be?

That seems to be the problem

--
Dirk

The New Futurism : ZERO STATE : http://zerostate.net
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

On corporations as people...

Why don't we do JUST THAT! Treat a corporation as any other individual, with the same rights and restrictions. If I, as an individual, can only give $XXXX to a candidate, or spend that much on his behalf, then the same with any corporations! And, lets just tax them the same, as well!!! Tax their INCOME (i.e. revenue!!!) at the same rates as people and other businesses. Do a flat tax then...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

As you well know, Charlie, that's exactly what a sub-S corporation is. ...Jim Thompson

Hard to put a corporation in prison.

It is. There is no limit on donations to PACs, though. PACs are a response to the silly laws "trying" to limit such things. Better would be unlimited donations with immediate (Internet) disclosure.

revenue!!!) at the

You do realize that income and revenue are totally different things?

A flat tax is a good idea. That still doesn't get rid of deductions, however.

Reply to
krw

Isn't Jeffery Sachs rich?

Sure, let's curb the rich. Curb everybody while you're at it.

John

ote:

a response

But probably not rich enough to influence his congress-person to adjust legislation for his personal benefit.

It seems an appropriate reaction to a situation where they are running the country for their exclusive benefit - the US income distribution has been shifting money to the top 1%, which is to say, taking it away from the remaining 99%, since the late 1970's.

I think you've missed the point - not for the first time.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

The problem--if there is one--isn't wealth, it's poverty. Making rich people poorer won't make poor people richer.

From the (painful) book review: "The social reform goals can be reconciled with the balanced budget requirement only through a heavy increase in taxes on the rich."

Nope. Take it all, and it's still not enough. And, even if it were, it wouldn't be enough the next year--govt's growing at 12%, the economy 1-2%.

James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

for

Roberts

Whatever

were

Maybe. To continue the thought, how do you make a corporation do "jail time", especially terms like 30 years to life? There is some point in having different legal classes between convenient legal fictions and biological facts.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

It's only a Larkin spiel, and must be taken at its net worth... ZERO ;-) ...Jim Thompson

The problem - very specific to the US - is that in the US the rich have a disproportionate amount of political influence, and they have been using it to enrich themselves at the expense of the less well-off

99% of the population since the late 1970s. Stopping rich people from creaming off all the economic growth would reverse a process that has been making the bottom 99% poorer.

Jeffrey Sachs knows a lot more about economics than you do, and his book is quite explicit about blocking the loop-holes that cut the US tax-take from the rich and coorporations. And you ought to get it into your head that deficit spending is a strategy to to keep an economy out of recession, rather than a permanent feature of government - you won't, because you've brainwashed yourself into believing your over- simplified flat-earth economic "facts" but you really ought to, just like I ought to stop wasting time preaching to the incorrigibly ignorant.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

,

Larkin spiel? No, t'was a snippet from Bill's reference.

John was pointing out Sach's hypocrisy, I was pointing out the guy's an idiot too. (Blabbering about failed free markets that gov't controlled, wrong on the revenue, causality, etc. Ghost authored by Al Gore, no doubt.)

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

The U.S. has close to if not the most progressive tax system in the world. But, taking more from the people who earn it and giving to people who don't doesn't fix the problem. It makes things worse.

In the U.S., anyway, virtually all of the "poor" get there by choice. To fix poverty you have to fix *that*. They ought to make better choices, and we should help them.

Instead of life skills we teach political correctness and bitterness studies. We shouldn't, and we shouldn't pay them so richly for doing the wrong thing.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

JT is so eaget to fling lame insults at me that he can't even keep the speakers clear in his senile mind.

John

As far as businesses/corporations go, government should only protect the consumer. Let banks fail, let investors jump off of buildings ;-) Only apply FDIC for the depositors' benefit.

As for redistributing wealth... go ahead and try it... "wealth" will leave... the 99% who are employed by the 1% will die from incompetency... as Einstein says... "they can't even make their own bow and arrow". ...Jim Thompson