Semi on-topic (joke): a niche market

I get along pretty well with all sorts of people, I'm a friendly guy. But given the horrible Godless communist that I am, this means that from time to time I talk with folks who are, well, a little outside the mainstream.

Apparently there are some people whose sex lives just aren't satisfying without bringing pain into the equation. It's not really my cup of tea, often human relations can be painful enough without needing to slap each other around intentionally, but whatever floats your boat.

The conversation got me thinking about electronic devices that are used in, uh, such situations. Apparently there are a few manufacturers that make such things. I wonder how "fly by night" they are. Can they self-certify CE? Do they need to get UL to test the equipment?

"Yeah, this is sort of like a low-power Taser, but it's not designed to be the first line of defense against the mentally ill for cops we never trained in how to respond to citizens suffering episodes of psychosis."

What do those Chinese slave laborers who spend all day assembling battery-operated sex toys in a factory in Quenching think about?

These are questions.

Reply to
bitrex

Electric sheep?

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Poor mandroids...

Reply to
bitrex

Sno-o-o-o-ort >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Yep, the market is huge, although we don't see such devices advertised for obvious reasons.

A while back, after a bike accident followed by a surgery I needed some spare electrodes for my tens as i was using it heavily to recover, so I fired up ebay and looked for conductive rubber to build rings. They're cheap and come with plugs for most known tens devices; the advantage of rings instead of patch sized electrodes is that the entire leg muscles get the stimulation. It's faster and works darn well. Long story short: I saw already made rings and was just about to click the buy it now button, then noticed the size and realized they weren't intended for limbs!

There's much more than electrodes though. Just look for "dilduino" - yeah, that's an arduino-like platform aimed at ...just guess.

Reply to
asdf

I don't know about electronics, but this will help ease the pain for a long time.

Alternate seller.

The reviews section is hilarious.

Mikek

Reply to