Riddle me this all you "Men of Science"

If it is required for society to recognize transgender people as the sex they declare then would it not make sense to mandate that society recognize anyone who declares themselves to be of any race they choose?

If a person feels ethnically black are they being persecuted when other people tell them that they are white and to stay in their own lane? Are they being persecuted when the admission board at a college will not recognize them as such?

Changing sex requires more DNA arrangements then changing skin color does... I await all the men of science to weigh in on this.

I am always interested to see how people who are solely driven by logic , reason and science answer interesting logic twists.

Reply to
Brent Locher

Brent Locher wrote in news:f38a491c-b806- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You are an abject idiot. There are no DNA sex alterations because DNA mutation/edit tech is nowhere near anything like that.

Sex change can be surgical, or leave the parts in place and be a simple declaration based on personality.

But I would not expect someone who has his head a mile up Trump's fat skanky ass to be able to see ANY reality.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

So man of science # 1 has no answer

Reply to
Brent Locher

What does Trump have to do with this? Biden* signed the executive order.

Reply to
stratus46

Men of Science? This is an electronic design group.

Scientists are usually terrible circuit designers. Phil Hobbs is the rate exception.

The race issue is fuzzy, because there are degrees of blackness or asian-ness or native-american-ness. But if you have a Y chromosone, you are male.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

"Race" is an ill-defined term, there's no list of universal characteristics anyone could come up with that uniquely identifies a "white" person from a "black" person from an "Asian" person, any list of characteristics you could come up with would be right and wrong simultaneously.

There is no such thing as "ethnically black."

Reply to
bitrex

You know humans can be born with more than 23 pair of chromosomes, yeah?

It's not even that rare, 1 in 1000 males about. And textbooks call these people "males" but if someone with both an XX and an XY decides they feel more like a female who's going to tell them different? The government gender-assignment ministry?

Reply to
bitrex

bitrex wrote in news:2aoTH.4$ snipped-for-privacy@fx24.iad:

One wonders how many of these Trumpanzee white supremacist dopes know they have Genghis Kahn's DNA in them. Bwahahahahaha!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Excuse me for introducing a too-complex concept "if you have a Y chromosone, you are male." We enegineers tend to get absolutist, being in a business where we have to design things that work, and we think that "1" is different from "0".

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

Please don't write "we engineers" as though you speak for anyone but yourself. Most engineers are thinking humans in their spare time, and realise that sometimes there are numbers between 0 and 1 that don't count as either of these.

Reply to
David Brown

Sorry. I was only thinking about engineers who design things that work. My mistake.

Ternary logic was an academic fad for a while.

All that math and physics and medical stuff is just european cultural supremacy anyhow. Other people have a right to their own reality.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

On Saturday, 6 February 2021 at 10:56:54 UTC-8, snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote: ...

You realize of course that many flash memory devices and networking hardware use multi-level logic. ..

Reply to
keith

No, as is so often the case, you were simply not thinking.

Again, you are not thinking - making up stuff that does not relate to anything that was posted does not count as "thinking".

You prefer a "reality" without maths, physics or medical science? That explains a great deal about your posts.

Reply to
David Brown

Don't try to confuse him. Remember, physics is just "European cultural supremacy" to John Larkin.

And whatever you do, don't point out that the signals in analogue electronics can't be expressed as either 0 or 1. Then he'll realise that he doesn't know what he is talking about - and if he starts to doubt his genius at analogue electronics, he'll no longer be able to do it.

Reply to
David Brown

You have stumbled across the underlying flaw in both sets of reasoning: sex, gender, race and colour are all artificially created divisions that do not accurately reflect the variability of real life.

Why is there a need to classify people into these groups? When racism was rife, it was considered important because people from some backgrounds were excluded from places that were accessible to others. Now we recognise that is a load of bigoted nonsense and utterly irelevant, we have no need for that divisive classification any more.

Now transgender people are taking the same view: why do we need to be classified? We are just human beings like the rest of you - leave us alone to lead our lives in peace without imposing rules on us based on artificial divisions.

Where there is a need for classification - do I need a prostate examination or a mammogram or both? - that should be done on the basis of medical need, not on what someone looked like many years ago, in the opinion of a midwife who had to tick one of only two boxes.

--
~ Liz Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Obviously unaware of what a qubit is.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

David Brown wrote in news:rvmo31$a4r$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

He must not know what a qubit is.

And the PUSSY never reads my posts so he does not see anything that would kill his retarded wussy claim that I do not know any electronics.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Multi-level storage and signalling of course, complicated constellations, but I don't think they do any multi-level logic. All the gates and flops input and output 1s and 0s.

Tri-state doesn't count as multi-level logic either. "Unknown" or "X" seldom appears as an input state in a truth table. I don't think I've ever seen that. It basically contradicts the concept of "truth."

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

Insults again. That seems to be your primary skill set. Sounds unpleasant to be around.

Typing code and designing slow, simple digital logic can be done in ignorance of electricity and of signals-and-systems concepts. More interesting and profitable stuff involves transmission lines, rise and fall times, speed of light, thresholds, metastability, temperature, noise, bandwidths.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

I'm a designer. It's my job to make up things.

I'm just a simple electronics engineer. I design stuff and have it built and people buy it. It's fun.

Most of it works first try, which suggests that there is such a thing as objective reality.