SDRAM stable ?

I have never had issues with SDRAM or DDR that was in production in the last 10 years or so. Of course, if you are buying from a 're-labeller', your results may vary.

My experience is for units in production (still are as far as I know, 6 different products, multi source parts) with >100k parts per year for SDRAM and >500k parts per year for DDR.

A re-labeller is a nice name for an outfit that takes known bad batches of parts, re-labels them and then sells them.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Never used the stuff myself ( except in my PC of course ).

I expect that means you have a problem ? I'd expect you need to look at timing issues maybe.

Did you finally manage to work out the volts and amps needed to produce 1 watt in an 8 ohm speaker btw ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Hi All, Do you ever experience SDRAM not stable in mass production?

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

ya ... timing... but seems in a correct range...

For speaker problem, I remember I had ansewrd you alrady, isn't it ?

Best regards, Boki.

"Pooh Bear" ???????: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com...

Reply to
Boki

I hadn't seen that post. Yes 2.8V is correct. How is that project going ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Thank you very much for advice.

I am still finding the problems...

Best regards Boki.

"PeteS" ???????: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Boki

Thanks. um... that project is stop moving.

we are going on some other interesting, I will keep questioningly... soon.

:)

Best regards, Boki.

"Pooh Bear" ???????: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com...

Boki

What are the symptoms?

--Mac

Reply to
Mac

I have find out the root cause, when we add bead for EMI / ESD, we increase the rising / falling time on SDRAM data pin.

I remember the ESD test will fail when the ESD test signal comes from memory card slot(so we add those beads/resistors), but I can't sure they are for EMI or ESD.

btw, the problem is timing, but it seems that do not to change the layout now, or we have to re-test the EMI/ESD/XXX/@@@, how do you think change a high speed SDRAM directly? any other ideal?

Thank you very much!

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to