Russian demographics (2023 Update)

If the men leave, where will babies come from? I'd expect the women to follow.

And if the smart men leave, who will design electronics?

Long term, this will further dumb down the Russian population.

100K dead, 300K drafted and 500K left. So, there might be 1M more men than women. However, China has perhaps 50M more m than w. Russia might exchange w for m with China. Perfect partnership without limit.
Reply to
Ed Lee

This is what Russian regimes do to survive. They did that during the collapse of the Soviet block, opened up the borders and all the "troublemakers" - smarter people who could do more just immigrated. The KGB mafia had then only to deal with the average population (this was/is happening in Bulgaria, too - so I have observed it directly), a lot easier to do. Falling behind has never been an issue for them, all they want is to maintain control over the society - be it a technological one or an ancient Egyptian one.

Not a bad deal for the civilized world - they got most of the most useful part of the East block population. Not all they got of course but the deal was good.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

Based on some not very scientific Youtube interviews, a lot of young russians speak English and like Europe and don't approve of killing Ukrainians. And want to leave. That enriches the remaining population with Russian-only speakers and haters of the West and especially the USA.

With an embargo on parts for planes and industries and everything, and exodus of the smart people, it looks like a giant step backwards, which will further impoverish and embitter the haters.

What a weird place.

On a sunny day (Wed, 19 Oct 2022 08:23:10 -0700) it happened John Larkin snipped-for-privacy@highlandSNIPMEtechnology.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I dunno if this is true or just US Russia directed shit,

But I did read microsoft just fired 1000 employees:

I just fired Godaddy as website hosting company Moved all important email addresses elsewhere Website server and domain auto renewal will be canceled shortly.

A university here found mIcrosoft web hosting is insecure as it has access to all your data, godaddy moved to microsoft office, no more pop email, what a crap,

microsoft has been sucking users for way too long.

They probably lost DOD too after a warship became paralyzed when their software failed. Bah, billy did not even make a spacecraft to leave the planet... :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

The embargo is hurting us all but we will have to endure for as long as necessary. If parts become available anywhere on the planet the Russians will buy a suitcase or two and smuggle in what they need for years to come.

Not that weird really, just a society in pre Magna Carta times.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

Some stuff, like airplane parts and semiconductor fab gear and refinery automation, isn't freely available.

And stuck there. Sad for them and for the world.

maybe not so much in the long term

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

onsdag den 19. oktober 2022 kl. 19.10.02 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

and maybe even worse, those with smarts and drive can/will find a way to leave so those left are even less capable or willing to change things for the better

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

This is exactly the purpose of the Kremlin warlords, to let the steam out so the kettle will not boil over. They don't even think of anything else.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

My next-door neighbor is a Bulgarian and his wife is Romanian. Their common language is English. She works for google and he works for apple and they make a fortune.

We are having pastry wars. A big plate keeps going door to door with fresh-baked stuff.

Does Putin actually work for Biden? I suspected that.

They are perfectly fine with the stone age as long as they are undisturbed. In fact they have no thoughts at all about all that. Once the stone age kicks in things may change of course, they won't be the toughest around but they just seize the moment, while it lasts.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

No, Putin works for Trump's election.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Trump warned the Germans not to rely on Russian ng. They literally laughed at him. Now they can laugh in the cold and dark.

He told NATO to pick up more of the costs to defend europe, and they sorta have.

Russia didn't attack Ukraine while he was pres.

Trump is repulsive and has the added annoying behavior of being right.

Estonians seem like very nice people. They don't like Russia either.

Am 20.10.22 um 00:26 schrieb John Larkin:

as he did in 2014 (Crimea) against Obama.

There won't be cold nor dark. Currently we help France with their rotten nuclear power plants.

And it remains to be seen who is the lesser evil. US or RU. Most of the refugees at the EU borders come from countries that were f***ed up by the US, thank you very much.

cui bono?

No, RU still digested Crimea and Trump let them proceed.

No. He has the annoying behavior of being the biggest liar under the sun. But somehow it's a pity that he did lose. After another 4 years even the dumbest here in EU would have noted that his interests are not our's, once and forever.

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

The Germans had Merkel, an East German, perhaps put where she was by some excellent intelligence work done by the KGB. Schroeder got a highly paid job at Gazprom az a reward after he got out of office. Now "the Germans" will have to learn how to pick their leaders - again. Smart people as they are they are also easy to mislead, it turns out. Just too decent overall, most of them can't assume how foul the play they are up against can be.(I am in part German)

That was a right thing to do though I doubt he did it for other than cash reasons. He would neither be able to see the big picture nor people who had it would share it with him, those in the agencies are no idiots and they know what they are doing, they have no 4 year terms etc.

Would you have had him for a second term so Putin could have had another

4 years to stash weaponry and prepare his invasion? I do think the whole thing, including that Putin was mislead that the Ukrainians would accept him as a "liberator" was the result of some more excellent intelligence work done by the adversaries of the KGB. If you can think of a better way to finish him off and have Russia split into a few smaller, manageable pieces which are no global nuclear threat go ahead :-).

Well you know this is nonsense. Was he right when he claimed he had won the election he lost etc. What I don't get is how can there be so many people following him blindly when it is obvious he is just a cheap fraud.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

Not only that, it's not even correct that "Russia didn't attack Ukraine while Trump was in office." That's just a Republican talking point, debunked with 30 seconds' worth of Googling:

I just watched a really nice introductory video on wavelet theory, presented by a Moscow State student with world-class visual and English-language communication skills:

Sure hope he's keeping his head down, if the reports we're hearing of press gangs have any truth to them. We don't need another Oleg Losev.

-- john, KE5FX

Reply to
John Miles, KE5FX

You are avoiding the part about his being right.