Russian demographics (2023 Update)

<snip>

Since Trump only gets stuff right by accident, there's not a lot of that to avoid.

John Larkin is a gullible twit who believes Trump's lies, so he won't realise this.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Not about climate pessimism, not about Mexico paying for the wall, not about hydroxychloroquine... not, apparently, about "the steal" , nor about peaceful nature of the January 6 crowd.

He got voted out of office because of things he got wrong. His own party had to revolt to keep the affordable care act, and... they did. Otherwise, they didn't apply the muzzle effectively. Shame on them!

Reply to
whit3rd

He was right about building the wall. If we shut off the fentanyl and meth flow, Mexico would be paying for the wall.

Climate pessimism? China and India and Africa and Germany are going to burn gigatons of coal, and all our electric cars will make no difference.

There's a good chance the election was stolen, but other people have said that about other elections. No doubt will again.

On Jan 9 a few yahoos entered an unguarded building and took selfies. Reread the First Amendment as regards the rest.

So why didn't he get it built? It was an election promise designed to appeal to half-wits like you, and once it got him elected he didn't bother to fulfil it.

Actually, they won't. China has already invested huge amounts on gearing up to manufacture solar cells in ten times the volume and at half the price that anybody else had. That make solar cells the cheapest source of electric power.

We've got to invest even more to make a enough of them to provide enough electric power to making burning fossil carbon as fuel unnecessary as well as uneconomic, but it is going to happen.

Except that it wasn't stolen. Trump's legal campaign to have it declared stolen was total bust, with most of the cases laughed out of court.

Quire a few yahoos. And five people ended up dead. The building wasn't entirely unguarded, though it wasn't as well guarded as it should have been - Trump's plans were known to people who should have worked harder to thwart them.

The first amendment may make it okay for Trump to say he wants to be dictator for life, but acting on those beliefs is treason.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Stopped clock, right twice a day...

John ;-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

On a sunny day (Wed, 19 Oct 2022 13:49:50 -0700) it happened John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That thought had crossed my mind as all this happened after the 2 met. But look at Putins history, he would not betray Russia More likely Putin mentioned to Biden what the limit of his tolerance was related to Donbass and nukes and other weapons on his borders, and Biden then decided to cross that line so he could start what he left in Afghanistan: murdering people to make money.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 19 Oct 2022 15:26:35 -0700) it happened John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Under trump northstream2 was hindered by US taking action against - and threatening any company helping build it. US just wants to sell oil and gas, even if fracking kills its own people. Sabotge at any level is the US way. Just the mafia

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Good police work finds tunnels under the Rio Grande... actually, dozens going back years

So, how is ''the wall' going to impede that? You're dreaming of some kind of impenetrable barrier, but... in reality, the wall was never that.

Reply to
whit3rd

Does history have a meaning when Putin controls the press, suppresses public discourse, proposes falsities faster than even the Donald...

His liberators are welcomed to Ukraine... with fireworks. Very loud, very close fireworks.

Reply to
whit3rd

Am 20.10.22 um 06:26 schrieb John Larkin:

esp. if your electricity is made from gooood cleeeaaan merrican coal, provided by trump's buddies.

Remember Trump on TV? gooood cleeeaaan merrican coal!

Ungarded? As in dead cops?

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

On a sunny day (Wed, 19 Oct 2022 22:50:13 -0700 (PDT)) it happened whit3rd snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Same in US, as to controlling the press: That women who jumped in front of the camera with a sign 'all is fake about the war' or something like that as I worked in the studio here, somehow I think that could not have happened here.

Social media in the US (and Europe) are controlled, the guy who had an anti-covid shots website here is in jail? You say something bad about our dictator rotte and you are in trouble and under investigation all that is the same everywhere.

That creep what's his name shitlensky or something keeps a kill list website.. he is a pawn in the US weapon sales game and burns his own people in a war he can never win. And US taxpayers pays for it all, like they payed for Afghanistan. Oh and Iraq, and Vietnam, with their lives often.

So WW3, what will come out of it? New weapons (like V2 in WW2 finally did lead to a moonshot) or just the end of civilization as we know it, dark periods lasting thousands of years, more religious insanity?

For a society to function you need some rules. The current US Precidend ByeThen who defunds the police, brings in the 'nothing to lose crime is OK' population from the southern borders, tries o legalize drugs that cause thousands to die, all that to get simple minded people to vote for him... the pawn in the US military Complex he is.

Maybe there is more real freedom in Russia than in the US!!! Remember "Country Joe and the fish" in that happening ater Help Uncle Sam in Vietnam?

where is the uprising now? the youger generation has no clue, But Soon Will?

Google this text: And you tell me Over and over and over and over again, my friend You don't believe we're on the eve of destruction

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Putin worked for Trump. Biden is less easy to manipulate.

' He might not betray his conception of Russia, which is a rather odd idealisation of the country.

Russia is murdering a lot more people, and not making much money out of it at all. The US history of banana republics goes back a long way, but they've largely given up murdering people to get what they want - they did kill a lot of people in Irak and decided that it hadn't made them any money at all.

Putin didn't have anything to offer Biden that Biden actually wanted. Trump was cheaper, with more basic needs - mainly for lots of photo-opportunities

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Zelensky won a fair election, in a democratic fashion. Putin won a statistically odd election, with clear evidence of ballot box stuffing, but solved that little problem by poisoning, and imprisoning, Navalny.

To my mind, Zelensky deserves respect, Putin merely commands it with guns.

Reply to
whit3rd

On a sunny day (Thu, 20 Oct 2022 01:18:51 -0700 (PDT)) it happened whit3rd snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

He is just a weapon sink

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

No border is perfect. But if we restrict the flow of lethal drugs, even by as little as 2:1, it would save tens of thousands of lives a year and millions of ER visits. Isn't that worth doing?

A wall and better enforcement would certainly cut off most of the illegal immigrant flow at the border. A lot of misery comes from people trekking thousands of miles across wilderness to get into the US. That should be controlled.

Immigration contributes to depressed wages and unemployment and housing shortages and crime. Immigration should be controlled.

There are parties that want a lot of poor hispanic immigrants because they want them to vote for them. But they don't want Cubans.

Coal is pretty clean with proper stack scrubbers, which are required in the USA. Some countries do spew unfiltered black soot.

But of course, NG is cleaner, and we have a lot of it. NG is used in new power plants here.

Germany is reviving coal because they depended on Russian gas, which Trump warned them not to do.

One cop shot and killed one female unarmed military vet who was not threatening him.

Mostly accidents or natural causes. Hardly a BLM-style riot.

How does fracking kill people? You can barely feel a mag 2.5 earthquake. I sleep through 3+ quakes.

On a sunny day (Thu, 20 Oct 2022 07:44:39 -0700) it happened John Larkin snipped-for-privacy@highlandSNIPMEtechnology.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It pollutes the ground water that you then drink.

2.5 and higher earthquakes we have here and has damaged a lot of houses, Netherlands wants to stop drilling for gas in Groningen (province next to where I live) but the current energy situation is so that we may need to continue drilling for gas there. We also want to build some extra nuclear power plants.
Reply to
Jan Panteltje

No. Fracking happens far below the water table. And in mostly uninhabited areas.

Energy is necessary and dangerous. NG is pretty good on that tradeoff.

Crazy. You can barely feel a 2.5. The houses were probably ready to collapse.

My house has a solid reinforced concrete foundation on rock, steel frames, and plywood shearwalls. I guess you don't have rocks. Mud liquifies in a quake and flimsy structures can twist and collapse.

That's your choice. Learn to live with expensive intermittent power if you like.

torsdag den 20. oktober 2022 kl. 16.31.42 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

the police would love all the new powers and "toys" they'd need those supplying the police would love all the extra business they'd get private prisons would love all the extra business they'd get drug cartels would love the large increase in profit

while the already miserable drug addicts would be even more screwed because the drugs would be more expensive, worse quality and content sending them to the ER or killing them

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen