Running Multiple LTspice simulations

Is it possible to run multiple LTspice simulations simultaneously? These co mputers have multiple processors and I don't know how optimized for paralle l processing LTspice is. I wonder if there would be much of a penalty for r unning two simulations at the same time.

Thanks

Reply to
wanderer

Sure, works fine. The control panel lets you set the maximum number of threads that the engine will use.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The Engine Max threads and the Run and Stop simulation commands are greyed out for me in the second schematic. I guess I need to set this up before I start the simulation. I'll try it once my first simulation stops.

Thanks

Reply to
wanderer

I can't get two simulations to run. Max Threads is set to 2. Is there some trick?

Thanks

Reply to
wanderer

Dunno. I'm on a Linux box at the moment. I did try running two copies of LTspice on Win 7 32-bit, but didn't get as far as running two simulations at once, since my Linux box is so much faster.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Faster than what, Phil? I'm very curious and maybe seeking a blazing desktop.

Many thanks, John S

Reply to
John S

I figured it out. I need to open two instances of LTspice. not try to run two simulations in one in instance.

Thanks

Reply to
wanderer

It's a Supermicro 16-core Opteron Magny Cours box with 4TB of hardware RAID-5 and 32 gig of memory. I bought it a couple of years ago to do simulations on, and it flies. The exact model number is on my equipment page,

.

I paid $3.8k-ish for it, iirc. I had it built by a reseller called Alvio, who are a pretty good bunch. Call Alexander and tell him I said "Hi".

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Thanks for the info. I'll look them up and call. I hope Win7 will not mess up the plans.

Cheers, John S

Reply to
John S