rum

The Zacapa 23 is really, really good. I sip it straight, like a cognac. About $45 a bottle and worth it.

John

Rum is icky. I prefer Drambuie sipped straight, or 1/2 and 1/2 with Scotch, over rocks... a drink called a "Rusty Nail".

I also like to sip Sambuca.

Who wants to place bets? I bet I can drink Larkin under the table :-) ...Jim Thompson

#1 daughter Bronwen is a flight attendant for Delta. On a recent trip to Guyana, she brought back some 15-year-old Demerara rum, a local specialty. Amazing stuff--Bacardi really is swill by comparison.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

Daughter's name chosen from the movie "The War Lord" (Charlton Heston, Richard Boone ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

Never saw it. No, Bronwen was the daughter of the Welsh sea god, Llyr (pronounced, roughly, "tleer"). She's the main character in the Second Branch of the Mabinogi,

Phil Hobbs

(PS: My son Simon's middle name is Taliesin, from King Arthur, not Frank Lloyd Wright.) ;)

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
ElectroOptical Innovations
55 Orchard Rd
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058
hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

You might want to rent "The War Lord"... a really good movie rendering early Welsh/English conflicts. ...Jim Thompson

Thanks. I haven't watched a movie since 1987--they drive me nuts.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
ElectroOptical Innovations
55 Orchard Rd
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058
hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I just guzzle Miller Genuine Draft. Straight, like beer.

About $0.88 a bottle and worth it. ;)

Sorry John, You'll have to forgive my being a bit punchy. Weird day today. I sort of wish I had some MGD in the fridge right now....

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

I was pretty happy with Ron Barcelo from the Dominican Republic. It rates "bronze" in various competitions. Not bad for 10$ for a liter. Nice bottle too! Tastes nice.

I also enjoy this liqueur from the Czech Republic called Becherovka.

And then there's pineapple wine.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Liquid sugar, yuk.

Ozuo, a real mans drink.

don

Reply to
don

Completely agree. The only "drinks" that make my stomach turn inside out are rum and gin. Drambuie is my fav.

Ick.

Reply to
krw

Licorice from hell.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

Is that to celebrate your equipment turns up on Ebay?

Or is this from another Highland?

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Yup, that's ours. That was a VXI version of our VME DDG; the biggest buyer was Agilent, who used them in some sort of test system. We still occasionally sell the VME module, but VXI seems to have mostly faded away.

This is our standard unit:

The one on ebay has LEMO connectors and the optional NIM outputs, so it was probably used by a physics lab.

Maybe I'll buy it.

John

I also drink Jack Daniel's _straight_ :-) ...Jim Thompson

I don't drink any booze anymore, but JD was never something I'd order but not a Syrup of Ipecac shooter, like rum and gin, either.

Reply to
krw

People who don't drink are not to be trusted. Alcohol brings out the basest, most primal version of ourselves. It's like truth serum for the personality. And if a person is too uncomfortable to reveal that part of themselves, if they don't trust themselves with their innermost being, why should you trust them?

:-) ...Jim Thompson

OTOH, some people listen to their cardiologist. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Booze isn't bad for your heart. ...Jim Thompson

They believe it contributed to the A-Fib. That certainly was no fun, soo...

Reply to
krw