rum

A-fib is mostly stress-related, real or imagined. ...Jim Thompson

What is real or imagined? ...by whom? ;-)

What stress? I'd just retired. I was having more fun than should be allowed. ;-) It put a crimp in that for three months, though. :-(

Reply to
krw

[snip]

It's probably caused by the constant jousting contest you have going on with AlwaysWrong (and Billy Bob Slobman :-) ...Jim Thompson

Since you've killfiled Slowman and all who reply to him, you likely wouldn't notice that I don't often read Slowman's nonsense and rarely bother poking him with a stick. I only did recently because you were breaking your own rules. ;-)

Neither have the intelligence to cause any stress in anyone, with the possible exception of those unfortunate enough to live with them; Slowman's wife and DimBulb's mommy.

Reply to
krw

Well! Do all of us a favor and seek out AlwaysWrong and trash his ass... then you will not have any stress at all :-) ...Jim Thompson

So, you don't trust me Jim?

Hmmm... maybe there is something to this... ;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

That phrase originated with (supposedly)...

but is mostly attributed to W.C. Fields ...Jim Thompson

)

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

ide quoted text -

Ummmm..... Just thinking out loud here... A Jack Daniels cookbook??

I mean, you love cooking with wine...., seems a natural extention if you ask me. (Though I have no idea what food would go well with JD!)

As teenagers, we used to down a pint of JD before trying to skate on Saturday nights. It was the only way I could keep from falling down. :-)

Reply to
mpm

quoted text -

I find that my ability to ski, plotted against alcohol content, is an inverted parabola. But it peaks around 1.5 oz, not one pint!

My ability to design electronics, plotted similarly, is a line headed straight down. That makes sense: thinking helps design but just gets in the way of skiing.

John

[snip]

Drambuie or Jack Daniel's... probably a shot a month would be declared "often".

However Bob Hirschfeld (Lithic Systems founder and EXTREMIST father's rights advocate) and I did design a chip, literally overnight, and over two fifths of Drambuie... 30+ years ago, of course ;-) ...Jim Thompson

You're closer - next state over, and all that. ;-)

Reply to
krw

My favorite:

Great mixed or straight up.

Reply to
WangoTango

Drambuie is ok, but a bit too sugary for me. Rob Roy / Rusty Nail is = pretty=20 good, though i would rather drink Laiphroaig straight. B&B is better = than=20 Benedictine for the same reasons. I wish i could find a less sugary = version=20 of Tuaca.

Reply to
JosephKK

Eeuw. Kind of like gargling rusty razor blades.

Reply to
JosephKK