Register Transfer Language

I'm currently trying to survive a computer organization class, and have run into a confusing problem. Please note I'm not asking people to do my homework for me, but I could use some assistance.

The following statement is the basis of my trouble:

IF a = 1 THEN copy X to W; otherwise copy Z to Y

My RTL statements then look like this:

a:W

Reply to
DartmanX

Use a gate, in this case, an and circuit. Inputs: A, X; output:W; Inputs: A', Z; output:Y.

Reply to
Robert Baer

a 1 eq {/w x store}{/w y store} ifelse , obviously.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Either lok for "data selector", or learn some basic Boolean algebra. Combinatorial logic is not that hard.

In hardware, it can be done with an inverter and a couple of ANDs.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

If upper case letters are used to refer to vectors you might do better with a mux, in general.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Well, it's been a number of years since I've heard of Resistor-Transistor Logic being used anywhere. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise