Re: think

>> John Lark>>> >>> >>>> >>>>> Hi friends,can anyone give me some insight about the design of analog >>>>> circuits using genetic algorithm? >>>> From: >>>>

On a similar note, about 15 years ago when the Telcos got really serious about dumbing down, a thesis that all work can be described as a series of processes was accepted by the Bean-Counters and force-fed throughout the companies. As I recall it was, pathetically, called re-engineering.

The concept was that by having the experts write the processes, then new, much lower paid employees could then do the same work by following the processes and the higher paid people could be eliminated.

Reply to
Don Bowey

All good business ideas eventually become useless buzzwords applied by morons to win bonuses by causing senseless destruction. Axiomatic.

However, the original idea of re-engineering wasn't a bad one--figure out how your organization *actually* works, rather than how your org charts and written procedures *say* that it works, then redesign it using IT so that it works better. I've actually seen that work--a couple of my old colleagues did the first soup-to-nuts business process re-engineering study back in the 80s, and saved the IBM PC company about half a billion dollars. (Of course PC Co wasn't what you'd call a lean, mean profit machine to begin with.) Their group went on to do similar things for customers, which was a pretty big deal.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs