Computer power supply got snowed on

Last fall a friend gave me a couple computer power supplies he did not need. I planned to use them when I build another computer. When I got home I sat them on my back porch. The porch is open walled, but has a roof over it. I rarely use that porch, but the other day I went out there and found those power supplies on the porch with some snow on them. Snow that had blown onto the porch. I brought them in the house and they are now well dried. I dont think they were buried under snow, but I'm sure some blew in the fan and other holes. Do you think they should still be ok?

Reply to
letterman

The power supply should be OK. You say it's well dried, but just to make sure every bit of moisture is gone, I'd cook it with low, dry heat for an hour or two. Nothing hotter than 180F. Then, let it cool for a day or so before powering it up. It should be just fine.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

You could leave them underwater for a few days and so long as you dried them out thoroughly, they would work fine.

Reply to
James Sweet

Even the Made-In-China crap?

Reply to