Re: The real deal....

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

many of them are military,too! many in the military have "separate rations";they get paid instead of eating at the mess hall,they can pay per meal there,or eat off-base.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Remember that the military has three meals a day.

Michael A. Terrell

Not all military personnel eat three meals on base every day but Ok, I can divide by three. You're still off by an order of magnitude or two.

Reply to
krw

Approximately the total number of meals eaten by the active-duty military personnel of every nation on earth put together!

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Some get four, and there is more than the US military on this planet. How knows? maybe even from other planets, too. :)

How so? I just asked how it compared, I never said it was higher or lower.

Michael A. Terrell

And the streets would be crowded by people trying to steal whatever they can. Unemployment insurance is a premium you pay to keep unemployed people from looting.

Dream on! Most charities spend about 10% on their cause (less if possible). The rest goes to management and advertising. When you pay tax at least you're sure your money is spend somewhere and not ending up in some rich guys bank account!

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

[snip]

Its a question of readieness. Blackwater may be fine serving up slop back on the base during peace time. But When the sh*t hits the fan and the Blackwater cooks turn tail and run, it'll be too late to start tooling up the army kitchen.

ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

When the shit hits the fan, the cooks ought to be running! They shouldn't be there in the first place.

Reply to
krw

So you approve of extortion.

What charities are those? Let me know so they get added to the no-give list.

Reply to
krw

So, no one needs food in a battle zone?

Michael A. Terrell

If bullets are flying, MREs, if you're lucky.

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Mon, 27 Jun 2011 08:43:30 -0500) it happened Jim Yanik wrote in :

Product: Freedom. Spinoffs, weapon manufactoring, related equipment

Nope, without the military you would be enslaved by your enemies and they would take everything away from you,

Too simple, they print the money no? hehe

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

pick

on

be

Have you ever tried MREs with bullets flying over your head? The ones I've seen had a self heating pouch that needs water to work. That takes time and attention away from not being shot

Michael A. Terrell

Unemployment insurance isn't "welfare."

Well, OK, then volunteer to turn over all your income to support the welfare crowd, but I do object to your wanting to steal my money to do so.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

No. That is not true. *Most* charities comply with a code of conduct (either voluntarily or in some countries because they have to) that limits the cost of administration (which includes advertising) to less than 10%.

Most, is not all, and you can find bad apples, even lots of bad apples (there are over 100,000(!!!) registered charities in Australia alone) but that doesn't mean most are bad.

Reply to
David Eather

around.

pick

on

be

...and strolling on down to the cafeteria doesn't?

Reply to
krw

take everything away from you,

That paper just represents "money".

Reply to
krw

It is if it's subsidized by the taxpayer. It's often used as welfare, too.

Do you feel "forgotten"? ;-)

Reply to
krw

The military doesn't have cafeterias, and only a know nothing idiot would 'stroll' anywhere during a battle.

It would be a field kitchen, or precooked food delivered in a large and heavy vehicle. That's a lot better than trying to drag the MREs and water with you all the time, and most battles don't last more than a few hours at a time. There is also safe water to wash your hands and face before you eat. That meal may be nothing more than a hot spam sandwich and something to drink, but it's greatly appreciated by the troops. I didn't care for the few MREs I've had. They were almost as bad as the Korean War surplus rations they gave us, during cold weather survival training in '73.

They weed out people who can't live without missing a meal while in basic or bootcamp.

Michael A. Terrell

is

ic

They're giving us plasma.