Re: The Birds and the Bees

Previously our patio had wall-mounted "pod" speakers (as when Spehro

> and wife visited). > > But the dumb birds thought the flat-top enclosures were for building > nests on :-( > > So this Spring I pulled them down. > > Then I cut a small access hole to feel for clearance and ordered flush > mount speakers. > > Tuesday morning I was greeted by a swarm of bees trying to put a hive > into my access hole. > > Beekeeper came and took away the bees... used my 12' step-ladder > because of the ceiling height. > > I left the ladder standing there so I could go ahead and install the > speakers. > > Today a dove decided to try to build a nest on top of my ladder :-( >

You want a 'no vacancy' sign. Mount a plastic owl on the flattop speakers and reinstall 'em.

Then try to befriend a Cub scout troop and an arborist. Get a hollow tree from the arborist and erect it for the bees, and a few birdhouses from the Cub scouts so the rest of your local ecology has a niche, preferably sited for leisurely viewing.

Arizona, eh? The bees won't like sun exposure, can you find a shady corner for their condo?

Reply to
whit3rd