Re: Soldering bypass caps to QFP possible?

Wait until ol' Leroy motors along with his steam shovel on a flatbed trailer and forgot to heed the max vehicle height regs. Or a squirrel heads up the pole and finds that fiber sheathing is rather tasty.

A couple that owns two businesses down the road from here was told that the telco will no longer repair their broadband line after the squirrels ate it for the umpteenth time. Instead Fish&Game issued them hunting permits to deal with the problem. This is not a joke, they showed them to me.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Hmm... so are you saving most of it, eh? :-)

True enough, although I think one can supplement their happiness with material goods. :-) Worked for Jimmy Buffet -- if you read his books, it's clear that he's getting every penny's worth out of his flying boat (a Grumman Albatross, that is).

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

I'll pinch that trick, ta! I invariably use a poicece of coax & a 50R terminator to monitor current sense resistor waveforms, and often use the 1k series R (a-la howard j.) for logic stuff, but hadnt thought of that.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

hopefully the 400V will teach him a lesson ;)

Or a squirrel

MAF would be more upset than we would - no squirrels in NZ. my MA workmates used to think I was bonkers, feeding squirrels - "dude, they're just rats with good PR" one guy kept saying. I have a number of photos of squirrels.....

LOL!

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

It's really handy when you have to check out the turn-on and turn-off behavior of a big FET or if you want to see how gracefully (or not...) an inductor saturates. For the wire I often just use strands of CAT-5. Had to buy two 1000ft spools to do the office LAN but used less than half of each. So I'll be set until I put my teeth in a jar ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I can see that. I just do splat tests on inductors - used to be with current sensing ressitors or DCCTs for the bigger ones, but I now have a complete set of AM503 x 4 A6302 x 3, A6303 x 1 (yay).

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

A friend's father always says: I'm too poor to buy cheap.

Reply to
Robert Latest