Re: SCAM ALERT!

What confuses these people is you ask them "Oh, which computer are you

>referring to?" It is beyond their comprehension that you might have more >than one computer.
*Used to* confuse them, now I've started getting the "IP address doesn't matter as they all use the same IP address because of how you connect to the internet".

OK, so they all have the same address due to NAT, good guess, but which computer?

The one running Linux, the other one running Linux, or the one running Smoothwall (linux)?

Either way, there's no Start button.

Mike Brown: mjb[-at-]signal11.org.uk  |    http://www.signal11.org.uk

Mike

IME, you're lucky if such problems are limited to USB peripherals.

Sleep issues with PCI cards only really disappeared as a result of PCI cards largely disappearing (nowadays, everything but the video card is either built into the motherboard or on USB, with not much inbetween).

But even being built into the motherboard doesn't make hardware immune from failure to resume from sleep.

Reply to
Nobody