Re: R.I.P.

James Ralph Thompson

> > Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV > > Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV > > Age 90 years and one month!

Excellent innings. I hope he enjoyed his life, did what good he could while alive, and left peacefully.

JS

Reply to
JSprocket

He did indeed. He was in good shape until about a month ago, had a mild stroke... he (himself) called me from the hospital... he was cogent, but partially paralyzed on his left side.

Then he got an infection which killed him.

Avoid hospitals :-(

...Jim Thompson

Similar thing happened to my grandfather... he fell off a ladder (in his early '80s), injuring his knee, and had to have surgery on it in the hospital... where he picked up a staph infection that eventually killed him. :-(

I suppose that staying off of ladders when you're that old might be a good idea too... :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Condolences Jim. Losing your father's one of life's hardest blows. Heartfelt condolences.

One of my best hommies is afflicted, hospitalized, and without an immune system. Scary.

James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

I have a picture of my father (from just last year) with him up on a _tall_ ladder replacing a driveway motion sensor light.

...Jim Thompson

That's great that he could still do it.

You have my condolences on his death.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Jim,

It's good to hear that he was fairly active until the end. My father was the complete opposite. It was a slow physical incapacitation followed by dementia.

After seeing the way my dad left, and seeing the other veggies in the convalescent home, I know what I have to do. As soon as I start to limp, or can't spell my name backwards anymore, I'm gonna hop on one of my motorcycles, drive out to the Grand Canyon, and exit Thelma and Louise style.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

Wheee-e-e-e-e-e!

Dementia scares me a lot, but I'm relieved by the history of my family where it was even suspected (my Grandfather Godwin), it was only that his pacemaker needed turning up ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Hey, perhaps you could post the picture of him on the ladder if you get the chance?

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Just posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

My condolences! At least he didn't fade away.

--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)