Re: R.I.P.

Thanks!

We were back to visit the end of August. He was fine then, _except_ he didn't like using his oxygen... he had COPD due to smoking and massive exposure to asbestos while crawling through attics... in his early years he was an electrician.

I'm not sure what triggered the stroke ~ six weeks ago, but he (himself) called me from the hospital and seemed quite cogent, complaining only of paralysis down his left side forcing him to need assistance walking.

Then he got some gawd-awful bacterial infection, probably from a dirty IV and it was almost straight down-hill from there... a few rebounds where I thought he'd fight his way out of it. Last Sunday he talked to all the kids and grandkids that were here for #8's first birthday party. Two days later he was in and out of coma, then plunged rapidly :-(

...Jim Thompson

Condolences, Jim.

Was this sudden or did you see it coming and have time to prepare?

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

That can be kind of tough. If you don't know the end is coming, you don't have the time to get everyone used to it.

At least it wasn't something like him being hale and hearty right up till the election results came in.

Stop Continental Drift! Re-unite Gondwanaland!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I won't say what he said about Obama... just let it lie that he's southern ;-)

...Jim Thompson