Re: Overview Of New Intel Core i7(Nehalem) Processor

That's why you're supposed to learn to drive your car. The other people who are out to get you are nothing but another road hazard that it's YOUR responsibility to learn to avoid.

But I guess you can't grasp the concept of self-responsibility.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

The collisions I have been in were rear end shunts where I was stationary at the back of a traffic queue. What I am I supposed to do when the f****it behind is merrily talking to his passenger or mobile phone and not looking where he is going?

Actions are pretty much limited to straightening up the wheels, handbrake on, putting your head back against the head rest to minimise whiplash and waiting for the impact.

It is a lot more interesting in priorite a droite countries where you have to pay serious attention to threats forward and to the right. Traffic joining the major road from the right has priority provided that they do *not* slow down on the turn. Suicidal drivers with partially damaged wrecks look for blind corners to jump out from and then claim the whole thing against the driver on the major roads insurance.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

It is between the driver and his insurance (or lack of it)

This is a problem to be solved. "Society" shall not pay for somebody's stupidity.

--
Andrew
Reply to

Man, you can't REALLY be that big a dumb ass. Surely this is some type of sarcasm on your part.

Reply to
WangoTango

I think he is being funny. To think that a person can somehow mitigate all, or even MOST, of the variables involved in driving at speed in any metropolitan area is stupidity of the highest form. I don't think Richard is stupid, but to continue down this line of unreasoning could make me reassess that.

Reply to
WangoTango

Like I said, you seem to be unable or unwilling to grasp the concept of self-responsibility. Making other people "responsible" for your personal well-being is an absolutely sure way of getting hurt, but it gets you off the hook because you have someone to blame for your own negligence.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

OK, go ahead and be negligent and irresponsible, blaming others for your own failure to maintain control of your vehicle; maybe you'll hurry up and darwinize yourself and the rest of us can get on with our lives.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

He is barking mad like most Libertarians.

As you can see Richard the Drooling Libertarian is precisely as daft as his original statement implied. No doubt he thinks that you should fit jet thrusters to escape from the rear end shunt when stationary problem.

You can safely conclude that he is a f****it.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

No one EVER said anything about making others responsible for a person's actions. Putting on one's seat belt is the ultimate step of personal responsibility. What is at question here is your statement that if one would just learn how to drive, then accidents wouldn't happen and a seat belt is unneeded.

If your memory has gone the way of your common sense, I will refresh it for you. You stated : "That's why you're supposed to learn to drive your car. The other people who are out to get you are nothing but another road hazard that it's YOUR responsibility to learn to avoid."

Now, what part of putting on your seat belt is making others responsible for another's actions? What part of putting on a seat belt ISN'T taking personal responsibility? Man, you are really walking the wacko line here.

Reply to
WangoTango

Now, where did I claim any of the above? Just a quick snippet of one of my posts would be nice. I think you will find that I have never promoted any of the things you are foaming at the mouth about.

Reply to
WangoTango

See above, dipshit.

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Foaming at the mouth is the natural state of rabid Neocons and Libertarians.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

OK, I guess you really ARE that stupid. Have a nice day, try not to bite the mail man.......again.

Reply to
WangoTango

Now, now, I am a Libertarian. The party attracts more than its' fair share of wackos, as you have witnessed here, but the other parties are just as bad. Retard the Dreaded is just some of that baggage.

Reply to
WangoTango