Re: OT: Layoff Letter

Part of that is one of the new myths - the accident that makes you rich. It is a meme that says, if you have an accident in a store, get hit by a rich guy, or have a doctor do something incorrect, you can sue them and then be on easy street for the rest of your life. This makes many folks actively seek such encounters, and there are some that make a living this way!

So, if grandpa is sick, maybe we will all get rich off his doctors if something goes wrong. If not, he got the best care possible. At least we don't have to pay for it! :-(

Reply to
Charlie E.

This fine news article explains everything:

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant