Re: OT: Layoff Letter

Yes, this is all true.

But, who is running those programs ?

The fiefdoms that are created by those programs are run by people with visions of grandeur that they will move up the Government (Corporate) ladder to higher pay and better perks.

There are few who are truly interested in the people they serve.

We are all just numbers.

Get use to it.

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

Democrats, appointed by Obama.

A large part of VA health care is done by volunteers. There isn't enough money in the budget to pay for the required personnel.

You get used to it. I've put up with it for almost a decade. It's your turn, after Obamacare bankrupts the insurance companies.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If Obama gets another four years to destroy the country, that's the only option.

Reply to
krw

DHS, Bush

Or should we forget about that, since it does not fit _your_ definition.

Reply to
hamilton

Idiot. Bush isn't in charge of anything.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Liberals are after all, very slow learners. It won't be until after Romney takes over next January that they will finally realize Bush is no longer controlling things.

Reply to
tm

Only the smartest. (1) The rest will need another 20 years or more, as long as they get their welfare checks on time. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The bigger question is why would you ask when it's none of your business but the manner in which you did suggests you want to know if he has 'enough to steal'.

Reply to
flipper

Kaiser varies by location. My mom used to work there.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

on.

I've read a great deal of Obamacare and actually understand it. The people who wrote it clearly didn't. I like thinking of it as a zero- payer plan.

"If you think medical care is expensive now, just wait till it's free." --P.J. O'Rourke, a few decades ago.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Anything Washington would control lobbies and controls Washington, or ceases to exist. There are ever more and more of those interests in

0bama's America.

Eventually, there are so many more piglets than teats (A. Lincoln) it gets mighty confusing, in an Atlas-shrugged kind of a way.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

.

I stubbed my toe the other day.

I blame Bush.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

And you base that on what business model?

Sales margin on high volume products is generally low and it's ROI that matters most.

E.g. If I have a bakery then there was investment cost to pay for it and if I sell only one loaf of bread it better have one hell of a profit margin. But if I sell a million loaves of bread then not so much.

So the President was lying when he said it wasn't going to cost 'you' anything because prices on everything will go up.

And "1.5%" won't do it either because everyone 'Mr. Barr' does business with has the same 'problem' he does. So his food costs are going up, and transportation costs, and packaging costs, and disposables cost, and maintenance, equipment, energy... literally everything.

Well, energy is a special case because this Administration's policy is to deliberately "skyrocket" them; the President's word, not mine.

Reply to
flipper

I had an epiphany on a multi-state drive back from a political thing this weekend(*), and it was this:

Much of our brethern's prescriptions are based on the belief that gov't has overunity gain, including transfer payments, a fundamental error. Pelosi insists the gain is close to 2. Variation: a gentleman last week insisted that reducing gov't spending would "take money out of the economy," not realizing it's an /expense/.

If I had that that same belief, I'd come to their same conclusions.

The entirety of the difference in philosophies comes down to a few premises, easily debunked (mostly).

(*) Oddly, I don't like politics. I'd much rather design electronics, I just don't feel I can afford to. Not now.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Opps, am I that transparent ?

Reply to
hamilton

You're right. He was supposed to outlaw toes...

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yep. "d.," below.

Don't forget the higher order effects: a. If the price of everything immediately jumps 1.5%, they've expropriated 1.5% of your wealth--it now buys 1.5% less. b. It won't stop at 1.5% as there's a Keynesian multiplier effect that ripples through, but applied to all the harms. Inflation. c. The cost will rise still more, as they've institutionalized a non- market system with perverse incentives. d. That's 1.5% more of your life and everything you do, *forever.* Ironic, for a system that was advertised as costing less. That was 95% of the rationale.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Is the word "steal" in the phrase "enough to steal" a euphemism for "tax"?

--
Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at,  http://fmamradios.com/
Reply to
John Byrns

When it comes to spending money on things that the Constitution does not authorize government to buy, 'tax' is the euphemism and 'steal' is the dysphemism.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Or, have you forgotten that most of those appointees serve at the discretion of the president, i.e. most of them were replaced when the new boss took over.

Reply to
Charlie E.