Re: [ot] How Apple avoids taxes

Chinese junk distributor Apple not only abuses Chinese workers, but pisses

> on the US citizenry by using tax dodge schemes. >>

It makes me extremely happy to hear of someone successfully avoid US taxes. Good job, Apple.

Reply to
tm

Given the highest corporate income tax rate in the developed world, you can't blame them. What sucks is that small and mid-sized companies, the ones who create most US jobs, don't have the resources to exploit the things that Apple and GE can.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

You need to study how countries use VAT to make exports cheaper. Under GATT, you can charge VAT on imports, but rebate it on exports. Many Europeans buy gear in the US on their trips here to avoid their VAT.

Reply to
miso

Are you aware of the Ca. software purchase loophole? If you are located in Ca. and buy software from a CA. based company over the internet and receive no physical media of any kind, you can avoid the Ca. sales tax. This is a big deal when buying Cadence or similar products.

Note I am not a CPA nor do I play one on TV. However, I've first and second hand examples of this dodge being done. Naming names could be trouble...

Reply to
miso

No "use tax" on software?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

That would be in the noise for us. What hurts are the huge taxes and fees that we pay, and the bookkeeping and accounting expenses. All that money could go into creating products and jobs.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Oh, did some "THING" get sold? All I know is bits went through some wires. Remember, you print every last bit of paper on your end if you print anything at all.

Reply to
miso

Two words: deferred payment. Get the money when you are no longer working. Hey, it works for Mittens!

Reply to
miso

Sure, I'd rather leave behind a happy, productive company that keeps designing and selling cool stuff. And gives me a desk in a corner somewhere I can still fiddle with circuits as long as I can. Golf and gardening don't excite me somehow.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

The Internet tax exemption.

Reply to
krw

Little correlation with party, really; supposedly there are only two states with actual balanced budgets, all other 48 perform all manner of shady bookkeeping to buoy themselves up (private loans, deferment, etc.).

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Are you saying that Alabama, Georgia, and Texas are as upside down as Illinois, California, and New York?

Reply to
krw

in

=46or a lot of real cases golf was really lobbying, and gardening was = best seen as exercise.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk