Re: OT: Bill Sloman won't like this - not that anybody sane would either. (2023 Update)

It's about the only worthwhile thing to come out of Australia - ever. Time will tell whether the claims are eventually accepted or not, Bill. My assertion that they are and your denial of the evidence to the contrary will have zero influence on the outcome. If I were planning some sort of (well deserved) retribution against China it would pay me to keep my powder dry until I were in a position to act. Against an enemy like China, such action needs to be decisive and overwhelming. Until such a time, it would be advisible to give China the impression that its claims in relation to the Wuhan wet market being responsible have been accepted.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It's a well planned Australian Conspiracy. They upset the Chinese with the WuHan accusation. Chinese stopped buying Australian coal. Burn up all their natural gas reserve. Drive up natural gas price. Forced back to buying expensive Australian coal. Good work.

Or there could be another Russian angle.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Cursitor Doom wrote: ==================

** That is not one tiny bit true. Australia is NOTHING like America and that means everything here is better.
** There was a mountain of worrying evidence presented, all in the public domain, that the Wuhan lab was the culprit. Also that a cover up was organised out by those with huge vested interests, led by the clearly evil Dr Fauchi.
** Wot - a nuclear strike ?

** They never will be long as China refuses to hold an open inquiry on that lab.

Consider this about China:

Even if they did not before, they *now* know exactly how to disable nearly every country in the world. Release a corona virus many times more infectious and deadly than Covid 19. All they have to do first is inoculate their population ( the ones the need and like ) with a vaccine first.

Think the CCP are not working on that ? Be the easy way to take over Taiwan with no shots fired.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

If there's a mountain of evidence, why can't anyone ever produce any of it? I watched the first 7 minutes of the video before giving up looking. Should I watch the other 53 minutes to see there is nothing at all in the video?

Why can't anyone just produce the evidence? Why does it have to be hidden and coaxed out of the background? Just show us the damn evidence already!

CD responds directly to my post and still can't say anything about evidence. Why are there so many crackpots who want to believe this stuff? It's like the center in your brain for recognizing faces. It false triggers on many things in the dark creating false ghosts. Some people have something like that making them believe in conspiracy stories when there is no conspiracy evidence.

Then again, maybe some people are just incredibly stupid.

Reply to
Rick C

==========================

** There are none so blind as those who refuse to even look. Then there are *professional fuckwits* like Rick Cunthead who deny there is anything to see at all.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Still classified. Ask Biden. He has seen it. He is not changing any of Trump's position regarding China.

Reply to
Ed Lee

You think anyone "wants" to believe the worst? You think I *want* to believe China has an active bio weapons program? You must be nuts. The fact of the matter is that the pandemic's silver lining is that China's biggest dirty little secret has been exposed and we have two choices: pretend it was all just down to dirty food market and forget about it, or accept the grim reality - an inchoate bioweapon - and take appropriate action in the light of it.

I see it rather differently. I'm wondering why, in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, some people *refuse* to believe the 'conspiracy theories.'

And those like you and Bill Sloman who are impervious to all reason. --

"Abolition of the family! Even the most radical flare up at this infamous proposal of the Communists."

- The Communist Manifesto, Marx & Engels

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

In Cursitor Doom's ever-so-predictable opinion. He's never heard of Wi-Fi and hasn't got clue who invented it.

The Thompson-Lampard calculable capacitor is less widely used, but every national standards laboratory has one.

Sky News is more of a national embarrassment . Rupert Murdoch - who owns it - used to be Australian once, before he decided that he liked being an American mogul better. Australians were delighted. Sadly, he still owns newspapers and TV channels in Australia, and we haven't yet worked out how to get him to raise their quality to merely execrable.

But you are the kind of right-wing idiot who wants to believe every demented right-wing conspiracy theory. Your assertion is entirely predictable, and persuasive evidence supporting your favourite theory actually is non-existent. It's all hand-waving, and Donald Trump is great at waving his hands, if nothing else.

If you were planning anything of the sort, we'd have a duty to have you certified as dangerously insane. As an anonymous troll you are immune from that, but the anti-terrorist police may feel the need to work out who you are.

Which is to say. impracticable.

It hasn't claimed anything about the Wuhan wet market - just reported that many of the early cases had links to it.

Sane people have combined this with the genome sequencing evidence to construct the most likely trajectory for the evolution of Covid-19 from the ancestral bat virus.

This doesn't involve virology labs, though they is always going to be an improbable but potentially plausible route.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Er... but there is no evidence, just a bunch of people finger-pointing. Other people, not shown, are pointing different directions, and that isn't 'evidence' either.

No evidence that there IS any 'culprit'. No evidence that a Wuhan lab (there are two or more laboratories in Wuhan, not just 'the lab') is involved except as a center for study.

OH, now it comes out: you have a conspiracy theory, and that will support what, a witch hunt? Stand in line, there's other finger-pointers ahead of you. Some of them are saying 'uh-oh', which is at least appropriate. Claims of 'a cover up' always mean that evidence is missing, but don't always mean that there really is a conspiracy to disinform. Claiming a cover up means you KNOW the evidence is nonexistent, so.. you cover that logical gap with an assertion.

The evident cover-up is by... Phil Allison

Reply to
whit3rd

Er, no. The evidence cover-up was by the Chinese authorities, who disappeared so many of the witnesses who could have in fact put them in the clear - if they had indeed been the innocent hosts of a rogue meat market that turned a bind eye to sloppy practices. Reasonable people capable of critical thinking will ask themselves WHY China crushed all the whistle-blowers if the regime had nothing to hide.

--

"The Communists are further reproached with desiring to abolish countries and nationality."