This does not look like a scope! :)

Maybe I've gone whacking but, the below link is suppose to be pointing to a Tektronix 434 scope. Either my eye sight has gone bad or as they said in china "Some Ting Wong" with the photo on the left!

"I\'d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Jamie wrote in news:5X24j.64$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe02.lga:

Also,NO 434 is worth $895.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

It's an Altek Model 434 milliamp calibrator. I have no idea what that would be used for.

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

it's used to calibrate devices that operate with 4..20 ma of current. Things like mechanical actuators for air, water, steam or just simply moving things or, in signal devices like current loop for multiple forms of long distant communications over wire.. It's simply a programmable current source that you can connect directly to the device to make adjustments to the device to make sure it spands correctly in the standard 4..20 ma range... When done, you simply connect back up to the device the driving electronics which will control it via it's output of 4..20 ma.. This calibrator normally is battery operated so that it's portable. A must tool for those that are in HVAC or any form of industrial controls where it may be hard to get at when setting up and calibrating the devices..

--
"I\'d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Well..if this calibrator is selling for ~900.00,...that's as wacky as the wrong picture or wrong title.

It's like $2 in parts to make a precision current source in the 4 to

20mA range..

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

This is the sort of thing that happens when you name your web site photos something like 434.jpg and then upload all of them to the same subdirectory.

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard drive?
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Why, to "calibrate" miss Millie Amp some fine evening...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Does it come with a probe, or must one supply his own?

Mark

Reply to
redbelly

Well, if you do not know the answer to that, go back to Biology 101...

Reply to
Robert Baer