Re: New Battery claims, (?)

> > "A team of engineers has created an electrode for lithium-ion > batteries -- rechargeable batteries such as those found in cellphones > and iPods -- that allows the batteries to hold a charge up to 10 times > greater than current technology. Batteries with the new electrode also > can charge 10 times faster than current batteries." > > 'up to 10x times', even 5x would be tremendous, but this is done by > improving the battery connection to the energy supply. > (I'd need a refresher on Quantum-ElectroChemistry to prove it).

That would be a quantum leap....

Reply to
TTman

Anybody heard of the 'Journal Advanced Energy Materials'?

Seems like it was only just started this year. An in-house publication from Wiley.

Shake that money-maker.

RL

RL

Reply to
legg

If it ever escapes from the lab, and if it doesn't involve cold fusion, yup.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

Usually comes with buzz-word of the day - nanostructure. The "team of engineers" seem to be fiddling with the fine structure of the electrode surface. It might be interesting if they ever get to work out how to mass-produce such structure surfaces tolerably cheaply, always assuming that the structures can made to survive more than few charge-discharge cycles.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman