British firm claims quantum-computing breakthrough

One for the boffins...

TTman

"But Orca's four-qubit machine has about the same power as a thermostat or an Apple Watch."

Ummmmm.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

On a sunny day (Thu, 30 Sep 2021 19:44:12 +1000) it happened Sylvia Else snipped-for-privacy@email.invalid wrote in snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>:

I will stick for now with my Microchip PIC's and my Raspberry Pies Pi's PI's? :-) And those pies are even British too.

And as far as quantum... fusion power is just around the corner.... Years and years of hype.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Modern thermostats are ridiculously complicated.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman