Re: My Vintage Dream PC

TI Silent 700 Series...

Bill

Digital had it then.  Don\'t you wish you could buy it now!
              pechter-at-pechter.dyndns.org
Reply to
Bill Pechter

We had a one-word name for it. I simply can't recall the word.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Oh, you know what? This rings a bell. Now I can be frustrated, too!

Reply to
Christopher C. Stacy

It's driving me nuts.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Sorry to reply out of order. I can't seem to get at the message I want to reply to...

The name "TI Silent 700" strongly rings a bell. However, when I look up pictures of it, such as this one

it doesn't look right. I think it was a member of a family of devices and they didn't all look the same. So maybe I just haven't found a picture, other than the OPs, which matches the particular model I used.

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leary

Tymshare???

Reply to
Richard Cranium

=BF=BDused one of

e, but the

so recall

t. =EF=BF=BD

like the

erminal that

tic coupler

s have

ed to

Suggestions: "portable", "luggable".

Bruce B. Reynolds, Trailing Edge Technologies, Glenside PA (who learned from the "portable" IBM 5100 to always carry them two at a time, in order to maintain balance)

Reply to
TrailingEdgeTechnologies

I do not know what you called the Silent 700 but the paper came with a self destruct feature.

Andrew Swallow

Reply to
Andrew Swallow

Yes, he is quite sad, even at that task. He is a total retard.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Likely asking you if you know what a modem is since it came right after your cryptic description.

Since you used the term (modem) in your reply, it raises even more questions. You really are a dufus.

Reply to
FatBytestard

Hello Archie:

Do the folks here in these newsgroups know that you actually claimed to be celibate - and then told us what a super stud you are, constantly leaving women swooning as you go 'all night long'? Do they know that you are a foul mothed ignoramus who cannot resist using the word 'retard' in just about every post? Are they aware of the fact that you are hiding from a challenge to try to solve a numerical puzzle by running from it every time it's brought up? At least I am reasonably certain they're aware that you are a phony. Why you're even avoiding alt.video.dvd lately because we've made you the official group piñata.

Ready to try the puzzle yet Archie??

Reply to
Richard Cranium

Hello again Archie:

Why do you change nyms so often? I suppose you cannot help being an asshole almost every time you post something. You really should recognize that your more than 30 nyms all share that 'special' moronic tinge that we use to readily identify you. You cannot disguise your stupidity.

Ready to attempt the puzzle yet Archie? Come on you big celibate boy; try to solve it.

Reply to
Richard Cranium

Almost as bad as people that pronounce DATA as "Dhat-a" instead of "DATE-a".

Or folks talking about CPUs that say "PRO-sessor", instead of "prah-sessor", which is the correct pronunciation.

All quoted spellings were, of course, phonetic. Note that "prah" is the "O" sound like when the doctor says "Say ahhhhh".

Reply to
FatBytestard

Like describing yourself Archie - "ahhhhh-sole"

Reply to
Richard Cranium

Both are correct. Similar to "tomato," preferring one or the other is just cultural background.

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leary

I still have a bunch of thermal terminal printouts from around 1974 that are holding up OK, despite not being very careful with them. It's the ASR-33 teletype printouts from back then that are the most degraded.

Reply to
Christopher C. Stacy

Nope. They were our customer.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Kewl.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

30? i see 46 of dimbulb's 'retard' nyms, and I've probably missed a few.

Abbey Somebody AnimalMagic Archimedes' Lever Bart! Bungalow Bill

Capt. Cave Man ChairmanOfTheBored Corbomite Carrie DarkMatter Do I really need to say?

Dorothy with the Red Shoes on Dr. Heywood R. Floyd FatBytestard FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor

GoldIntermetallicEmbrittlement

HiggsField Hattori Hanzo Herbert John \\Jackie\\" Gleason" HiggsField

IAmTheSlime ItsASecretDummy LargeMarge MadManMoon MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org

Mr.Eko Mr. Haney Mycelium Neanderthal

Phat Bytestard RoyLFuchs SkyPilot SoothSayer Spurious Response

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt Sum Ting Wong

SuspendedInGaffa The Great Attractor

TheKraken

The Last Mimsy TheQuickBrownFox " snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org"

UltimatePatriot UpGrade

ValleyGirl

Michael A. Terrell

No. You are so stupid that you duplicated a few.

Reply to
TheQuickBrownFox