Re: Math expr. complex signals

>This does what you asked for (as I understood it) in Matlab, and plays

>it. >

Thank you. That is just the kind of indication I was looking for.

What would be the best instructional book to purchase that explains this specific aspect of MatLab, eg. the expressions and routines for signal generation?

Trevor Little

Reply to
Trevor Little

I don't know; I just use the Matlab help, which is very good. Create a matrix that represents time, with a step fine enough to get the sample rate you want, and then apply the standard formulas for AM, FM, or whatever.

--
John
Reply to

John O'F snipped-for-privacy@blackhole.org posted to sci.electronics.design:

As a matter of fact i have done similar in MathCad as well, including QAM modulation of data streams and demodulating them. It took longer to figure out how to say it in MathCad than it took MathCad to do it. Maybe i ought to reload it on a modern PC.

Reply to
JosephKK

Check; Vista should slow it down by a factor of 5 or so...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Robert Baer snipped-for-privacy@copper.net posted to sci.electronics.design:

Guess why i do not have Vista. I have an excess of XP installation media with legal individual licenses though. Don't use it much either. I really need to try Octave.

Reply to
JosephKK