Re: Mammie wants new computer ;) :)

Robert Myers heeft ons zojuist aangekondigd :

I don't want to be mean to Skybuck, who I am sure is a very fine > fellow, but it had occurred to me that we have here an apparent > opportunity to improve the general quality of life. Rather than > sending computers that still work but that have outlived their > usefulness to a landfill, we should create a sort of recycling center, > where people who have a much higher than average consumption rate can > obtain computers at low or no cost. Such people can then continue > with their fearless and tireless experimentation without fear of > financial ruin. > Robert.

Robert: this skybuck dude is a Dutch idiot, who wants nothing more than any form of attention.

Reply to
=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Andr=E9,_PE1PQ

Is there anything wrong with Skybuck getting attention if he needs or wants it? I just finished a minor flame war on slashdot about the inundation of tasteless, offensive, and unfunny jokes that has made slashdot very tiresome to read. By comparison, Skybuck is positively likable and, as far as I am concerned, even welcome.

I don't know about the other groups he posts to, but comp.arch has always been self-policing, and I can't see that he does any harm to anyone.

Robert.

Reply to
Robert Myers

et

out

Why would you care about efficiency? Aren't you planning to put like thirty-seven CPU fans on it anyway?

Reply to
mpm

Don't forget the 500 W of blue LEDs.

Stop Continental Drift! Re-unite Pangea!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.