OH MY GOD, AMAZING DISCOVERY: Television signals travel through air from cable ?!?!?!

Hello,

While I was inspecting the cables I noticed some speakerset cables where lieing on top of the WHITE television cable that carries the television signal.

I decided to pull the white cable while the television was ON.

Then I moved the black soundspeaker cables under the white cable.

Then I re-plugged in the WHITE CABLE...

BUT JUST BEFORE I PLUGGED IN I NOTICED THE TELEVISION SIGNAL WAS RESTORED, AT LEAST THE AUDIO SIGNAL ?!?!?!

I was like WHAT THE FUCK ?

I could have sworn it wasn't plugged in yet, or maybe just reaaally lighty.

So I decided to unplug it again and then simply hold the cable in the air ?!

Like 1 centimeter before the "hole".

AND IT FUCKING WORKS !

The television signal simply JUMPS ACROSS 1 CENTIMETER OF AIR !

Then I looked over the television and the television vision/visual was gray like with weak visual signal... but the audio signal was crystal clear ?!

AMAZING !!!!

ALMOST LOOKS LIKE MAGIC ?!

HOLYSHIT.

Could this be the source of the interference ? Just pure speculation.. since when the first booms occured... the television was off ?!

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Television signals have been known to jump through MILES OF AIR!

UNBELIEVABLE!

John

System just frooze again, this time speakerset was off.

I checked security log.

There is an entry for 22-8-2008.

This can't be it's still 14 september 2007.

I did not change the date to this date me thinks.

Here is a copy:

Event Type: Success Audit Event Source: SECURITY Event Category: System Event Event ID: 513 Date: 22-4-2008 Time: 4:41:51 User: N/A Computer: CP1098857-A Description: Windows is shutting down. All logon sessions will be terminated by this shutdown.

Looks like a computer from @home network might have hacked my PC.

Or maybe it was randomly generated.

Very strange indeed.

I shall investigate this further tomorrow.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Hello,

It's a valid computer name for my ISP stuff.

Maybe I did change date sometime to test something who knows.

I am starting to believe it might be a denial of service attack.

Maybe somebody found a way to crash Windows XP Pro x64 editions.

Might even be a new worm... it has happened every few minutes which could indicate a worm needing time to spread itself (searching) or simply a human being wanting to crash it every few minutes.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

You seem to be suffering under the illusion that anybody here gives a shit.

Just bugger off or shut up, will you?

Reply to
Clifford Heath

You seem to be under the impression you speak for all LOL.

Can you read other people's minds lol ?

TELEPATHETION LOL.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Not only that, but television signals have been known to jump FASTER in the VACUUM of SPACE!

An IT friend of mine mentioned in passing that Headquarters is planning on upgrading the fiber optic network.

"Upgrade it to what?" I asked.

He turned around to his co-worker. "To what?" He didn't know.

I told my friend, "Well, you know, light travels faster in a vacuum than it does through glass. Maybe you can take a metal pipe from here to Headquarters, suck all the air out of it, and put a laser on either end? You could DOUBLE your NETWORK SPEED!"

They didn't go for it, unfortunately.

Thanks for the laughs

mrdarrett

Seriously, before fiber optics became practical, in the 1960's, Bell Labs was experimenting with long-distance communications with light running through pipes. The idea was to force thermal gradients in the gas inside a pipe to provide a subtle refocussing effect that would confine the light, sort of like a graded-index fiber.

Fiber optics got serious around 1970, when Corning pulled the first fibers with usable attenuation levels.

Several people make free-space optical data links, usable between buildings and such.

John

?!

Thanks a bunch!

Speed of light in air at STP is 99.97% of the speed of light in a vacuum. Close enough...

Unfortunately, we'd need a huge tower to see headquarters (about 10 miles away). Any winds, and we'd get data transmission errors...

mrdarrett

Hello,

Today it occured to me the new AN832-SLI motherboard might be showing the same symptoms as the previous same kind of motherboard that died.

Today I kept my computer running without the internet connected and it ran just fine.

I can remember that with the old motherboard it showed the same symptoms... after plugging in the internet it would freeze.

I am not 100% sure the same symptons are now being displayed... but it's starting to seem like it.

I have now connected the internet again to post this message.

Later I will disconnect it to work on some offline website and later today I will go online again to see what happens.

Another explanation might be a denial of service attack.

So I will keep it short before PC freezes again.

Bye, Skybuck !

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Boot it from a Knoppix Linux CD or DVD, and see if you still have the same problems.

mrdarrett

Oh, he does.

John

True, maybe we should start a fan club for him on Myspace, he could get laid.

I have found him some suitable attire

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Probably cause is identified.

Bad marvel miniport driver 8.27.

After removing this driver, which was probably installed by nvidia chipset drivers after I installed the new motherboard, windows detected the ethernet port and installed an old driver which was tested with UDP Speed Test 2 and does seem to work ok !

So far so good !

Fingers crossed.

Meanwhile I have switched to nvidia's network controller, indicated as ethernet port 8 the bottom port for internet access.

Just in case ! ;)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Good idea, I had the same idea, I had an old Knoppix 3.1 version, but it doesn't have DHCP and doesn't work ?

I finally decided to test the network controllers with my UDP Speed Test 2 tool and I discovered the marvel miniport driver 8.27 was bad and crashed.

I have a minidump of it too.

So I switch to other ethernet port and so far so good ! ;)

Windows installed an old driver which I tested and seems working ok too.

Maybe I should burn a new knoppix version CD... but it must have DHCP...

Then again... I am kinda glad Knoppex CD was useless... because it forced to me to think about alternatives and force me to discover and solve the problem which I think I did for now :)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

At least he might be able to take pictures of an ass that's not his own.

And why do people like this keep typing LOL when they never say anything funny?

John

They're seeing the reflection of the "clown"/"dufus"/"ass" - in the monitor - as they type..........

Reply to
Radiosrfun

He is far too stupid to grasp what a knoppix diagnostic test is.

Look, dude. This idiot is now claiming his NEW MOBO is acting just like his old MOBO.

I think the dope is causing ESD events on his gear, and is too damned stupid to understand that HE is the root cause of ALL of his problems.

Reply to
Herbert John "Jackie" Gleaso