Re: Digital Question

> I need to convert a _slow_ moving analog signal to "1" or "0", > depending on whether it is above or below the digital threshold > (CMOS). > > Problem: If I go directly into a gate or D-input of a flop I can get > substantial overlap current rail-to-rail. > > This is a very low current application. > > Any suggestions? > > ...Jim Thompson

The knee-jerk solution is to add an off-the-shelf Schmitt trigger in front of the D input, but I would guess that you've already thought of that and have dismissed it because your dV/dt is still slow enough to result in "overlap" current in the Schmitt trigger input stage, too.

So, I would try finding an ultra-low current comparator (with ultra-low input bias current) and build your own Schmitt trigger using a multi-megohm feedback resistor. Then, that would be followed by the flop. Linear Tech would be a good starting point for the comparator.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to