Re: Computer Assisted Fornication

You don't like the facts. Got it.

He doesn't like the truth either. Lefties are like that. Rather, they *are* that.

Reply to
krw

back in the idiot filter you go.

Reply to
tabbypurr

And most don't have ton of stuff to move and still have a vehicle that will carry it.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Sheesh, you guys get a thread about fornication and all you guys want to do is argue. :-)

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I don't carry a ton of stuff but it's pretty hard to get a yard or two of mulch in a car (my boss tried, with his Z5). ...or a half dozen sheets of plywood.

More holier than thou bullshit.

Reply to
krw

Pussy.

Reply to
krw

I'm sorry if he made you feel bad about yourself. His blog is centered on teaching people how to retire early, 30's or

40s. Buying a big truck is not helpful, buying a big truck on time is worse, driving a big truck with nothing in it except the driver is just saying "hey look at me" What kind off big truck do you have? Mikek
Reply to
amdx

Nope. Not even close. I simply can't understand why people whine so much about other's decisions.

No, that's you're jealousy talking. Same whine about "McMansions".

F150XLT Extended cab - full bed. I paid $25K, new. What's it to you? Was I supposed to get your permission?

Reply to
krw

On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 10:15:02 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote :

ote:

one

commercial managed over 20mpg.

rrying space than you get in a trunk. They tend to have an up-ward opening rear door, and a flat floor space behind the back seat, so that you can sli de loads in, rather than having to lift them over the lip of a trunk.

We call that a hatchback here. There are back seats but they fold down comp letely and form a seamless floor when you convert to station wagon mode. I'm not sure any of the American auto companies make station wagons, they'r e all foreign owned. The station wagon of old was a piece of trash. Not tha t the English cars were much better. The English Ford in particular was a p owerless piece of trash, the driver had to get out and push it up a hill. W e make lawnmowers with more horsepower.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

that's one of the things that just make no sense

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

On Sunday, 24 September 2017 02:54:15 UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrot e:

te:

:

phone

t commercial managed over 20mpg.

carrying space than you get in a trunk. They tend to have an up-ward openin g rear door, and a flat floor space behind the back seat, so that you can s lide loads in, rather than having to lift them over the lip of a trunk.

mpletely and form a seamless floor when you convert to station wagon mode.

're all foreign owned. The station wagon of old was a piece of trash. Not t hat the English cars were much better. The English Ford in particular was a powerless piece of trash, the driver had to get out and push it up a hill. We make lawnmowers with more horsepower.

Estate cars are not hatchbacks!

I've had 2 Fords. Never again.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

rote:

s would choose compact cars, if they were offered them, then proceeded to m ake their "compact" cars bigger and bigger, year by year.

t makes more money for the guy paying for the advertising.

at, doesn't seem to have really taken root in the USA - the Republican Part y is a particularly dire case in point.

ars buyers think that size equals safety.

ehicle to suit, but most of us don't.

top it off they're frequently delivered faulty as new - I kid you not. Als o IMLE they aren't reliable & don't last well.

Alzheimers does quite a few things. It doesn't impair past memories, but it doesn't give the sufferer the illusion of living in the past, even if they can't remember much of the immediate past.

Quite what krw has got is unclear. He can't absorb new information, and he' s convinced that whatever he knows is absolutely right, so he's got some ki nd of brain damage. He's obviously blind to this, and would resent anybody getting him diagnosed, so we may never know what is actually wrong with him . It doesn't seem to worry him, which may be the most worrying bit.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

te:

:

phone

t commercial managed over 20mpg.

carrying space than you get in a trunk. They tend to have an up-ward openin g rear door, and a flat floor space behind the back seat, so that you can s lide loads in, rather than having to lift them over the lip of a trunk.

That's actually slightly different. The upward opening rear door is more he avily sloped, and you don't have much head-room close to the rear bumper.

oor when you convert to station wagon mode.

That a common feature in both. Can be very handy. You can get a bike into t he back of a car with that feature.

're all foreign owned. The station wagon of old was a piece of trash. Not t hat the English cars were much better. The English Ford in particular was a powerless piece of trash, the driver had to get out and push it up a hill. We make lawnmowers with more horsepower.

The station wagons I've driven have never been English - the first one was Peugeot, and it's successors were a couple of Nissans. None of them were mu scle cars, but they were all fine for fast motor-way cruising (until speed cameras got to be ubiquitous).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On a sunny day (Sat, 23 Sep 2017 20:30:31 -0700 (PDT)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in :

And that from a baxandal groupie... I'd rather read krw as he knows what he is doing than your stories about the past, when was the last time you designed - , build - , or even had your hands on, electronics? Or even wrote code? BOW. May push out the hot air :-)

Sorry guys, but am sort of new to this group ....

Number 6

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I'm flattered.

Not in any depth, and essentially only progammable logic devices, and he hasn't said anything about them for years.

Design? May be a month or so ago. Built? Years. Hands on? Put a SSD into my computer last month ...

It's decades since I've written any code - at the last job I had (in Venlo) the computer manager was scared silly of having a compiler anywhere on any of his systems, so I had to do that kind of work in a spread-sheet.

Where I've been, if you could do hardware design you did that and left the writing of the software to the script kiddies, who were cheaper and easier to get more of.

Probably away from us -

granting the kind of hot air you are pushing out.

Not really. You are the same Dutch half-wit you always were.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On a sunny day (Sun, 24 Sep 2017 01:21:07 -0700 (PDT)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in :

It is in MNSHO not possible to write effective software without knowing the hardware in depth. That is why we have all that "look ma, I wrote 'hello mammy' in python" bloat overflowing the internet.

Try some embedded in asm.

As I pointed out in a very large public medium recently, I write stuff in a few kB that BLOAT COMPANY needs 100 MB for. And mine is faster.

My meter says about 37 C. That is not nearly hot.

Looking at recent down under temperatures your exhaust must be fenominal, is there such a thing as 'maximum temperature' as opposed to 'absolute zero'?

So Dutch rejected you, you polute the world by fleeing by flying and hiding down under, then complain about anti-pro-logic glowballworming, and now the Dutch are the bad guys.

Why would you need an SSD? :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Your statement lacks any context, what is that 'one' thing?

But I'll give you context for the MrMoneyMustache Blog, MMM worked in IT and managed to live Frugally, saving enough money that he retired by 30 yrs old. He wasn't rich but had about $750k and his home. Living frugally he could live off the income generated by his investments. The blog is about teaching others that want the freedom of not HAVING to work for money, how to do it. Also mixed in is a bit about using less of the earths resources. Many of the followers are saving 30%, 40% and even 50% of their yearly earnings. (it all about spending rate) Buying a big truck (little hands) does not fit that picture unless you are using that truck to earn money. No doubt it is a different mindset than most Americans have. Remember the headlines a short time ago, 50% of Americans can't come up with $1,000 for an emergency?

It would be nice if the MMM blog and forum started a few people thinking about a positive net worth rather than being deeply in debt. He continues to post his yearly spending ($25k), but the retirement police have called him on a few expenditures that he called investments vs expenses. But overall he lives on little income and still travels with and without his wife and kid. There are a plethora of Retire Early, Financial Independence type Blogs and forums on the net, is a small movement.

Here are just 8 of them; Go Curry Cracker. ... Mr. Money Mustache. ... 1500 Days. ... Think Save Retire. ... Root of Good. ... The Green Swan. ... Mr. Tako Escapes. ... Early Retirement Now.

MrMoneyMustache's Blog and Forum,

Congrats to anyone that uses the above information as actionable information. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

30

but it=

f they=

nd he'=

hasn't said anything about them for years.

- ,

my computer last month ...

nlo) the computer manager was scared silly of having a compiler anywhere on any of his systems, so I had to do that kind of work in a spread-sheet.

he writing of the software to the script kiddies, who were cheaper and easi er to get more of.

he hardware in depth.

What's that got to do with anything? I have had run-ins with the script kid dies - one of which persuaded them to move from floating point to fixed poi nt arithmetic, with beneficial effects - but in most cases you aren't worki ng close enough to the limits of the hardware for "in-depth knowledge" to m ake much difference.

loat overflowing the internet.

Which bit of the internet?

I started out writing assembler for a PDP-8. Been there, done that.

a few kB that BLOAT COMPANY needs 100 MB for.

I've heard that one before. In general the 100Mb is an operating system tha t can do everything, and the few kilobytes can do something very specific ( and can't do as much exception handling as it should).

Of course it is. It's only doing what you want it to do (which probably isn 't as much as it needs to do).

It's warmer than ambient (at least in the Netherlands)

, is there such a thing as 'maximum temperature' as

No. Your thermodynamics is a weak as your logic.

ing down under, then complain about anti-pro-logic glowballworming,

The Dutch are fine, and I was back there in July. You aren't but it's not y our nationality that is the problem.

I don't think I did, but now when I run a big LTSpice simulation I can get to look at all the waveform data immediately, rather than having to wait fo r it crawl off the rotating hard disk. It's a luxury, rather than a necessi ty.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Spending an extra 10s of k on a vehicle for no purpose other than to advertise the fact that one is fool enough to spend an extra 10s of k on a vehicle for no purpose.

snip

Yes. Those who already do better don't need congratulations.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

He does seem to get asked that question an awful lot. Never been known to answer it, though.

Cursitor Doom