Re: China Drills for Oil in Gulf

> BFD. It's clearly in Cuban, not American, waters. Whoever drummed this up > is too stupid to see this? We happen to have laws over our water, and they > don't.

There are still people lurking in the right wings of our government that think Cuba belongs to us. All we have to do is throw Raul out and re-install the Mafia to run the place.

Just an armadillo on the shoulder of the information superhighway.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Naaaah! We should simply reopen relations with Cuba and get over it. Both countries will benefit.

...Jim Thompson

Likewise we should get the hell out of Iraq.

Scroll down....

So that Israel can blow Iran away without our pansy interference ;-)

...Jim Thompson

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hovnanian.com:

By this I see there are still people who are deluded.

The Cuban people were better off under Batista than Castro.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Liberal: The result of combining ignorance, superstition, guilt and fear of one's own shadow with the promise of a supernatural being (big government) that will make you feel good irrespective of your inadequacy.

I understand that they are also known to accept carbon credits in lieu of tithing.

ROTFLMAO :-D

...Jim Thompson

Castro would have likely fallen years ago if he didn't have the US to blame all the problems on.

Reply to
MooseFET

On a sunny day (Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:45:35 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson wrote in :

I am amazed we agree.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:09:43 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson wrote in :

That 'out of Iraq' is a bit late now, their new gov would collapse within hours, a new Saddam would perhaps emerge after years, and maybe even peace.

But Israel will always be in trouble, as will any religious concept based state. Sure they will be vapourised if they nuke Iran, the other Islamitic countries like Pakistan that _have_ a bomb will gladly supply some test samples to Iran, and with only 4 or 5 cities in Israel it would be city-less.

I'd suggest for Israel to treat their neighbours like humans, and presto, but I know _nothing_ will help religious fanatics (on both sides, Jewish and Islam). So that makes it 100% predictable a nuke for nuke exchange. And, with Israel so small, it will be the loser. I doubt a glassifying action after that by the US would make any difference. And could be politically problematic,

Israel should behave.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

up

they

It is more likely we will end up with the Biden solution. Iraq has never made sense as a country and if the US pulled out, it is likely to stop being one country.

No matter what, some day the occupation will have to end. On that day, it is nearly certain that the folks in the Green Zone will stop being the government.

I don't think Israel would start anything like that. They are at least partially sane.

Islam).

Reply to
MooseFET

Most lurkers here don't know what I'm about. They just get infuriated at my tickling the leftist weenies under the chin and go blind ;-)

I'm mostly Libertarian, but I have to stick with the more popular flavor, Republican, because Libertarians are so sweet and nice they never get elected.

And Liberals make me want to puke.

...Jim Thompson

Islam).

And Palestinians should do what? Learn to be reasonable?

...Jim Thompson

On a sunny day (Sat, 14 Jun 2008 09:21:10 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson wrote in :

Oh my God, Jompson is defecting the repubertian party!

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sat, 14 Jun 2008 09:23:19 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson wrote in :

Well, if you look at history, US took that land, and, unlike buying NY for a bottle of whisky did not even pay for it. But if you look closer, Palestinians that _are_ allowed to keep living in the now Israel, are discriminated against (as are Jews living in say Iran). So, sure Israel should not be a Jewish state, have separation of religion and state, and treat Palestinians right. Maybe then the Palestinians will treat Israel right. The Jews are in fact their guests. Keeping Palestinians in camps is a crime against humanity. Perhaps the old testament philosophy Israel follows knows no compassion, and as you sow so you will reap. I am not holding my breath for a solution.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Ummmm? I thought the cretin members of the UN created Israel with a great deal of help from the Brits... n'est ce pas??

Ummmm? Your ignorance of history is showing. The DUTCH bought New York for beads and trinkets.

now Israel,

state, and

That kind of "You go first" never works. Both sides have to sit down and make concessions... simultaneously, and then abide by what they said,

See above.

Israel doesn't "keep" Palestinians in camps, Palestinians live in camps because their hate is so great they have descended to thuggery.

...Jim Thompson

Jan, I know you think you're funny... but you're not... not even mildly amusing.

But I suppose I _could_ quite appropriately transliterate "Jan Panteltje" into "Jan Panty-waist"... that _is_ the correct translation of "Panteltje" anyway, is it not ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

On a sunny day (Sat, 14 Jun 2008 10:17:22 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson wrote in :

Well I thought is was good news. Now current repubertian policy is to take some distance from Bush, so it may not mean that much.

The correct translation is this:

But if you really bettered your life, and your view on relations with Cuba points in the good direction, maybe the spelling will become easier.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

More likely,IRAN would take over and install some sockpuppet. At present,they are the main source of trouble in Iraq.

Well,they treat their own Palestinian citizens well,FAR better than what Palestinians get in any other country. When their neighbors start acting civilized,then they WILL get civil treatment from Israel. So far,from day one all Israel has gotten is war,bombings,and the threat of extinction.This while the Palestinian leadership fails to make things better for their own people,choosing to spend on war that they cannot succeed at.(or pirating the money for personal stashes) Right now,there really is NO Palestinian government,just a few groups of terrorists.No rule of law,either.

Is that possible,without decimating them?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Personally I'm finding them just a bit tiresome, and would vote to napalm the whole of Palestine to the ground.

...Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I truly do not see why after the next rocket attack from Gaza,Israel doesn't fly a C-130 with a MOAB over Gaza and drop it on them. That will take care of the hidden underground storage bunkers where their rocket stocks are,and I suspect they won't be firing rockets at Israel after 1 or 2 MOABs. (I believe Israel has purchased some MOABs.)

this firing tiny Hellfire missiles at tiny groups of terrorists is not addressing the real problem;the ENTIRE Gaza strip is a nest of terrorists. It's like squishing a few fleas after they've bitten you,but doesn't go after the source;all the fleas and eggs still in the carpet.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I like napalm. I like to send messages... so, MOAB followed by napalm ;-)

...Jim Thompson