There are STM32s in Digikey

If they stay in stock, life is getting better.

Reply to
LM

Alas, not in our package. But maybe things are breaking.

I've just had 100 32F417s, QFP100, delivered from, guess who, Farnell! So I think better times will come soon, but you can rely on the distis to say as little as possible while they milk the market.

John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote

Reply to
Peter

The STM32 theory of economic recovery

Reply to
bitrex

We use STM32F207IGT6, LQFP176 package, in several products. The question is whether we should gamble on them becoming available, and design them into a new product.

They are being quoted from possibly dodgy distributors. One distrib takes orders and payments and never delivers. Nice business model.

We's just buy 1000 if we could trust the source.

Reply to
jlarkin

fredag den 12. november 2021 kl. 18.33.10 UTC+1 skrev snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com:

why the F207? seems to me the F407 is more common, it is probably pin compatible just just faster and with an FPU, M4 vs. M3 core

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I don't know. Some people selected it last year, as a replacement for an EOL NXP part for new designs. It seems plenty fast.

The applications are mostly bare-metal, fairly undemanding instrument controllers. An FPGA often does the heavy lifting.

We still ship products with 68332's, still available. It is older than some of my engineers.

lørdag den 13. november 2021 kl. 00.54.25 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

maybe it was cheap, I see lots of boards with and people using stm32f4xx don't think I've seen any with stm32f2xx

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Or someone got large inventory to push it to John. F207 is CM3, older design. F4xx is CM4.

Reply to
Ed Lee

afaict the F2xx was announced in 2010, the F4xx in 2011, so not much difference

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Yes, also other sites are showing stock

Maybe we are soon getting back to normal. Will be interesting to see if prices go back to normal

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Pandemic shortages made a lot of manufacturers of various products realize "ugh we've been selling this stuff way too cheap all along" I think

Reply to
bitrex

(producer inflation).

And workers are receiving too little for their labours (wage inflation)

or just too much money around (M1,2,3 inflation)

or just (soon to be double digit) inflation.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Right. And why doesn't a box of Kleenex cost $40?

Reply to
jlarkin

More so in the less fungible commodities like you can use toilet paper as Kleenex in a pinch, but you can't use a Chevy as a BMW

Reply to
bitrex

I get the store brand paper towels for a buck right now, I think in 2019 they were 99 cents

Reply to
bitrex

bitrex snipped-for-privacy@example.net wrote

I doubt it; this is just the usual cyclic thing, where a shorateg is artifically created (by various events, which usually merge into the distis telling everybody that x is on allocation, upon which the users shit themselves and multi-order everything they can) and then collapses a year or so later.

This will go the same way.

I have quite enjoyed designing out parts by Mr Ripoff (Maxim) and replacing them with ST parts, and some TI parts.

Reply to
Peter

Herr Ripoff:

"We could lower them again but why"