Re: cheap 120Khz sine generator

"Johnny Chang"

i'm trying to find a very inexpensive way to generate a 120Khz sine > wave to act as a carrier wave for a cheap system.
** Is this "carrier" to be FM or AM modulated ??

Makes a big difference to the choice of oscillator.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

BPSK

Reply to
Johnny Chang

We plan to use BPSK, why does the oscillator type matter? some other circuit will be handling the modulation and just wants a wave for it.

Reply to
Johnny Chang

We plan to use BPSK, why does the oscillator type matter? some other circuit will be handling the modulation and just wants a wave for it. i think he is doing something with a PLL

Reply to
Johnny Chang

"Johnny Chang"

** You did not post that info previously.

The problem is YOU cannot post a proper spec for this " carrier " scillator - except that it must be 120 kHz , sine & cheap.

No spec = no design.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

It does if you want it FM modulated -- deriving it from your main clock is easy if it can't be modulated, but way hard if it must be.

With BPSK (or AM, or SSB, or even QPSK) you don't need it modulated.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

Johnny Chang ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) ha scritto:

:::: i'm trying to find a very inexpensive way to generate a 120Khz sine :::: wave to act as a carrier wave for a cheap system.

::: ** Is this "carrier" to be FM or AM modulated ??

:: BPSK

How can you impement that modulation technique?

Reply to
SBS

--
http://cnx.org/content/m10280/latest/
Reply to

The oscillator type matters because of the modulation method.

Is this some kind of class project or something? How is it that you intend to use Binary Phase-Shift Keying, without even knowing what kind of oscillator is amenable to that sort of thing?

Heck, use two oscillators, or an oscillator and inverter, and a freakin' data selector!

Try looking up

and so on.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

well someone else is doing the phase shift keying and he said all that he needs is a 120Khz sine wave as a reference, so I was going on what he said.

Reply to
Johnny Chang

yeah, it is a class project, and someone else is doing the phase shift keying and he said all that he needs is a 120Khz sine wave as a reference, so I was going on what he said.

with all these different options are there any good resources i can use to compare and contrast and find out what I should use based on criteria like modulation and cost and reliability?

i've googled everything i can think of

Reply to
Johnny Chang