OT: printer?

I am looking for a printer selling for less than (say) $100 that:

1) uses cartridges that cost less than $10 from (say) ClickInks 2) is *NOT* Epson

Now, i do know about the "old" Canon MP130 but nobody seems to carry it any longer. Via PriceWatch, the following Canon printers do *not* fit that criteria: MP210, iP3500, MP470, MX300, MX310, iP4500, MP520. I did not look at Brother because i thought that their quality is poor, but if someone knows better esp. a given printer... I bypassed Lexmart and HP because those i know about have ex$pensive cartridges; but if someone knows better esp. a given printer...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Do you want cheap printer, or cheap printout? Usually you get expensive per page with any cheap printer. If you don't need color, a cheap laserprinter is cheaper per page than any inkjet, though a more expensive laserprinter may be a better per-page deal a few thousand pages into it. At some point even color is cheaper with a laserprinter, though color lasers are on the whole a lot more expensive to run than black and white ones are.

You can also get retrofit kits to feed an inkjet bulk inks.

"printers they don't make anymore" can frequently be acquired from various sources including *B*y - often used, sometimes new in box.

Ecnerwal

The cartridges for my Epson Stylus Photo R300 are about $6 each, on the Internet, but there are six of 'em and they don't last long! If you use WinBlows, you can get laser printers for

Reply to
krw

Did you or did you not *read* what i said?

Reply to
Robert Baer

In that case, which (color) laser printers (and cost of cartridges)?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Well, you had not mentioned color in your original post. With the color requirement lasers are pretty much out for the budget class. Otherwise they win hands-down. You can get thousands of (BW) pages out of a $50-100 cartridge. Quite impossible with an inkjet.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

You want a < $100.00 printer that takes carts that are less than $10.00/pop.

If you can find printer carts less than $10.00, I'm sure lots and lots of people would be very very happy to know about it.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

On a sunny day (Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:11:41 GMT) it happened Rich Grise wrote in :

It is that he does not want Epson, else I use this:

They also say they do some Canon and HP, have not tried. But cheaper is not possible I think. Site seems slow now.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I'm sure someone would be happy to make a printer cartridge that costs $10 and lasts for 200 pages. I prefer the $80 ones that last for 2000 pages and you get a replacement PC drum as part of the deal.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I think i mentioned that the Canon MP130 takes cartridges that ClickInks charges less than $5.00 for a set (black, color). If i omitted some of that info, i apologize.

Reply to
Robert Baer

? Color? Which printer(s)?

Reply to