cheap 120Khz sine generator

i'm trying to find a very inexpensive way to generate a 120Khz sine wave to act as a carrier wave for a cheap system. browsing around the internet gives me way too many options.. function generators, op amps, integrators, etc.

what is the best and cheapest option? i'm new to circuit design but i've taken a lot of classes and am a pretty fast learner

Reply to
Johnny Chang

On a sunny day (Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:53:20 -0000) it happened Johnny Chang wrote in :

+12 | | |-- ---------->| BF254B | | |-- || C1 |-------- out |L1 |--------| || | | | C2 R1 1K | | | ------------------------ | ///

C2 = 2 x C1

L1 together with C1 C2 should be tuned to 120kHz It is not a perfect sinewave, a bit flattened on one end, but it should do.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

go to analog.com, search dds, sort of $5 products, needs a bit of harwdare on top. disclaimer, only looked at the stuff cos i was interested, and I have'nt used their dds products

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Just your luck I tripped across recently...

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Ha, Look at page 5 on that DOC, a "Bubba oscillator", sounds kinda of funky!

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

I devoted 30 seconds of Googling to find Mr. Bubba. No luck :)

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC