Re: Black holes do reduce light in LEDs?

Black Holes are a *Hypothesis*.

> > They are not proven. > > If one assumes that gravity experienced by matter > and light is also produced by that same matter > and light as some kind of outwardly-moving, > inwardly-acting wave/particle/whatever, then one > arrives at the Black Hole when enough matter is concentrated > in one spot to *crush itself*. > > It's a totally stupid idea- just like a snake eating its own tail > and disappearing- which stems from ignorance about how gravity works. > > Dark Matter also stems from this same ignorance. > > Present scientific 'doctrine' on gravity is laughable.

One must assume, then, that you have a better doctrine on gravity. Please enlighten us.

Reply to
Richard Henry

First, let's look at the present doctrine.

Matter causes spacetime curvature. Spacetime curvature influences matter (gravity).

Essentially, matter creates gravity and then is controlled by it.

You have a cause (matter), an effect (gravity), which then acts on the matter.

The matter is controlling itself.

Thus, you arrive at the paradox- the Black Hole. It's a closed loop.

Stupid.

John

Reply to
malibu

No Wait! Not Stupid! This a great theory! It clearly explains why small parts go into ORBIT when they shoot into time!!!!

Reply to
Benj

Matter warps the fabric of spacetime and the curvature of spacetime tell matter how to move (gravitation).

Essentially that same thing, but I like my words better. And this is general relativity in a nutshell... it is fiercely difficult mathematically... but it sure does agree with observation and experiment...

A theory is fruitful (whether right or wrong) if it accounts for observations and make predictions that lead to new understanding about nature... General relativity is fruitful in deed!

So far there had not been any prediction of general relativity that has been contradicted by an observation.

Not doctrine John... empirical fact. What part of science do you not understand?

Reply to
Sam Wormley

Please

What's missing is you better doctrine. Unless you were summing it all up with the word "stupid".

Reply to
Richard Henry

On a sunny day (Sun, 16 Dec 2007 06:53:38 GMT) it happened Sam Wormley wrote in :

An instant of selective memory Sam:

And that is just one.

And what did you say the speed of that gravity was?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

All of this stuff arises together. Why do you split it into parts and call it cause and effect? Maybe that's why it looks like a paradox.

--
John
Reply to

You have a closed loop here, Sam. The matter is the master of the matter.

No wonder it takes some fiercely difficult math. The cause is the effect and the effect is the cause. You are

*missing* a piece of the puzzle.

It is like saying a windmill is blown by the wind and the spinning of the blade causes the wind which then spins the blade.

It *doesn't make sense*.

The part of science I don't understand is the nonsensical part.

John

Reply to
malibu

OK, there is Dark Energy pushing in all directions. Matter absorbs this energy in order to offset the energy lost by the *movement of its atoms' constituent parts* (movement requires energy no matter what your 'science' tells you- even the movement of electrons and protons). This absorption causes a local sink around bodies of matter that shelters other bodies from the Dark Energy coming from that direction.

It is called the Le Sage Theory of gravity.

Stupid?

John

Reply to
malibu

Perhaps you mean gravitational waves and not gravity.

Reply to
Sam Wormley

He means 'an instance' of selective memory. In your case, Sam, I'm afraid it has lasted and will last more than an instant. Regrettably.

John

Reply to
malibu

Misconception on your part John-- Matter warps the fabric of spacetime and the curvature of spacetime tell matter how to move (gravitation). Two bodies to "attract" each other... each warping space-time. Earth and Sun are easy to visualize.

Maybe we can help you make sense of it... Are you interested in learning a bit of physics, John?

Reply to
Sam Wormley

Why would you care about me, John?

Reply to
Sam Wormley

Le Sage's theory of gravitation

's_theory_of_gravitation

"The re-examination of Le Sage's theory in the 19th century identified several closely interconnected problems with the theory. These relate to excessive heating, frictional drag, shielding, and gravitational aberration. The recognition of these problems, in conjunction with a general shift away from mechanical based theories, resulted in a progressive loss of interest in Le Sage?s theory. Ultimately in the twentieth century Le Sage?s theory was eclipsed by Einstein?s theory of general relativity".

Reply to
Sam Wormley

Le Sage's theory of gravitation

's_theory_of_gravitation

"The re-examination of Le Sage's theory in the 19th century identified several closely interconnected problems with the theory. These relate to excessive heating, frictional drag, shielding, and gravitational aberration. The recognition of these problems, in conjunction with a general shift away from mechanical based theories, resulted in a progressive loss of interest in Le Sage?s theory. Ultimately in the twentieth century Le Sage?s theory was eclipsed by Einstein?s theory of general relativity".

Reply to
Sam Wormley

On a sunny day (Mon, 17 Dec 2007 05:53:47 GMT) it happened Sam Wormley wrote in :

No, I mean gravity. The time it takes say, from if you removed the sun, to when the earth starts going on a tangent.

Sure, the speed of gravity will have an effect on any gravitational wavelength, (excuse the word 'gravitational'), as always wavelength = propagation speed / frequency. But we have not detected gravitational waves, the LIGO project so far sees nothing. We _do_ have gravity though :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

A shift away from mechanical based theories..............to? Imagination based theories? Dream based theories? Math based theories?

Reply to
malibu

That's what I asked my high school physics professor, she had no answer for me which I thought was rather pathetic.

The correct answer should be that it takes the same time as it takes the light to travel to earth. c still rules.

Anyway, observation seems to at least suggest that it can't be infinite and is probably c.

There goes your interstellar subspace radio.

TheM

Pathetic drool. Totally impossible to prove, doesn't happen, never will, so any moron can claim his answer is "correct". Spamming cretin.

Reply to
Androcles

It seems that you really mean gravitational waves, given your example. You're interested in the time for a disturbance in a static gravitational field (Sun's gravity field) to propagate to some remote point (Earth's orbit).

Consider a water wave analogy. A pebble dropped onto the surface of the water of a still pond (the static "field") will cause ripples to propagate outwards at a given speed. It's the wave that propagates not the water, which merely oscillates up and down in place (more or less). We don't talk about the "speed of water" when referring to the wave propagation.

Reply to
Greg Neill