Re: Arctic sea ice

snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com (Don Klipstein) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com:

>> snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com (Don Klipstein) wrote in >>news: snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com:
[snip]
> > The coastal waters along the west coast of Greenland have been far > from > icebound the past 2 months according to the Canadian Ice Service, and > are currently not. > >
> > - Don Klipstein ( snipped-for-privacy@misty.com) >

True enough. Cycles do occur but there is also such a thing as exacerbating an existing situation. IOW, the question is not whetehr global warming is *all* anthropogenic, the question is, To what extent do human activities turn a natural cycle that could be handled (by both the plant and humans) into something that cannot.

So, yes, Vikings did have settlements in Greenland for a few hundred years, until the planetary cycle made teh seas and fjords too icy to permit travel and imports by ship; and yes, Greenland's ice is currently retreating. But as above, IMO, although poeple do argue taht the planet has had thousands of warming-cooling cycles, the important question is to what extent are humans turning anatural cycle into a potential disaster.

Reply to
Kris Krieger