Question about memristor and memristive system

Hi, i'm not able to relate a memristor and a memristive system. I consider a memristive system:

dx/dt=f(x,u,t) y=g(x,u,t)u

where x=state u=input y=output t=time

and a memristor:

dfi/dq=M v=Mi

where fi=flux q=charge M=memresistance i=current v=voltage

a memristor is a special case of a memristive system where:

  1. x=q
  2. u=i
  3. y=v
  4. consider a time invariant model How can i connect dx/dt=f(x,u,t) with dfi/dq=M? dq/dt=(1/M)dfi/dt, so f(x,u)=(1/M)dfi/dt? If so, f(x,u) has not a direct relation with charge (x) and current (i), or not? Thanks
Reply to
eryer

You can start by reading the Wikipedia page on memristors, where you will find your equations in error, by leaving out the dependence of M on q. You will also find your answer, nearly complete and ready for you to copy down.

If you use Wikipedia's equation

dfi/dt v(t) M(q(t)) = ------ = ---- dq/dt i(t)

then you can take q as your state variable:

dq/dt = i

and

v(t) = M(q(t)) * i(t)

Or, to fit this into the general system that you are proposing,

f(q, i, t) = i

and

g(q, i, t) = M(q(t))

So, there you have it: one time-invariant, albeit nonlinear, equation.

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott