Re: DIY Memristor

On a sunny day (Sat, 01 Dec 2012 09:10:48 -0600) it happened amdx wrote in :

Ran across this today, thought some might be interested. > > > >>

I tried to get some sulfer here and was denied, needs license it seems. Question is: How long does the effect last, else a capacitor or battery (charge discharge) does the same.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On eB*y, there's a guy in Portugal selling 250gm for $6.90 + $4.x shipping.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Did you try a pharmacy? It was once a granddad's home remedy for tinea (IIRC)

Reply to
David Eather

On a sunny day (Sun, 02 Dec 2012 06:26:57 +1000) it happened "David Eather" wrote in :

I tried a 'drogist' likely 'drugstore' in English. You need a license for anything it seems these days :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"Jan Panteltje" schreef in bericht news:k9d8g0$udh$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net...

We are protected against ourselves once more :( Especially these days some people want to make their own fireworks so even a small amount of sulfur - formerly in junior chemical experimenter's box - is considered to be too dangerous for you. Same applies for tri, tetra, nitric acid and a lot of other matters. You should be glad to be protected so well. (You will nevertheless eventually die of course.) We should be protected against burglars and other criminals that well but alas...

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Can't wait for the day they outlaw nails and scissors. Idiots...

Reply to
asdf

Epsom salts may produce the same effect (I can't believe the amount of regulation we put up with)

Reply to
David Eather

I'm waiting for them to outlaw idiots.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They can't. Oboma needs them for the next election. After he gets the law changed.

Reply to
tm

I can make a wonderful bomb from poison ivy medication and ordinary glycerine lotion >:-} ...Jim Thompson

ednZwNtK-S6yfNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com...

days

of

red

ll.

Why? They all voted for Romney in November. The only place Obama needs more idiots is on the far right of the Republican Party. The Tea Party faction in congress seems to be entirely idiotic, and have suffered by pushing for far-right-wing candidates who have lost where more moderate Republicans might have won, but there doesn't seem to be any shortage of right-wing idiots to take their places.

I could nominate a few from here.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Bill Sloman,

nah, it does the opposite,

Passing a current forwards opens the path, passing one backwards closes it.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

On a sunny day (2 Dec 2012 05:45:30 GMT) it happened Jasen Betts wrote in :

Silicon switch with inverter ;-)? One of those pulse relays?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sun, 02 Dec 2012 07:02:36 +1000) it happened "David Eather" wrote in :

How about scaping a few matches, do those still contain sulfur?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

No, though the compounds should be sufficiently nasty to work with the application of a little heat. Soaking match heads in water to dissolve the glue and potassium chlorate will free the phosphorus sulfide and stuff. Filter and dry the powder, rub it on the desired surface, and heat gently.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

days

of

considered

acid

well.

protected

Impossible, that would outlaw themselves. Though they might not catch on.

?;-)

Reply to
josephkk

The day they outlaw idiots, idiots will be outlaws! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They are getting close to outlawing sanity, then only outlaws will be sane.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

What a small group that will be. :(