Q on Tektronix P6015

Anyone having the _original_ manual willing to make a 600DPI (or better) copy of figure 4-2 (page 4-3) please e-mail to me. Thanks. ((i have a poorly rendered copy))

Reply to
Robert Baer

This one looks quite good and is searchable:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Go to Tek's website and download it from there.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

I don't think that the 6015 has been available for some time. The

6015A manual doesn't include the later sections.

Forwarded this request to the TekScopes group.

RL

Reply to
legg

Don't think it'll get much clearer than this:

Just limitations of the original...

RL

Reply to
legg

Thanks. A lot more modern version, 3 times more wordy, and ZERO photos or drawings of the guts - which figure 4-2 in the older manual is one of two.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Just as non-useful as the modern manual that Jeff referred to. I need that photo of the guts.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Thanks! Exactly what i was looking for. It is item #12,the spring (not summer this late in the year) capacitor that i am most interested in.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Item 12, the "leaf" is actually part of the compensating capacitor. Attached to the low voltage end of R100, it supports a floating ring around the HV end of the resistor, making a fixed capacitor in parallel with R100.

It looks like the bulk of the capacitance is between the suspended ring, and the hot end of the resistor. there's an evident attempt made to minimize distributed capacitance, and keep it as lumped as possible.

If it's going to arc, or corona, that's where it'll happen. I bet they had fun developing that bit.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

From TEK Scopes:

Albert provided these scans:

(bitonal, 236KB)
(grayscale, 1336KB)
(color, 2366KB)

-Kurt

RL

Reply to
legg

Check; note rings used on the HV end.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Thanks; all are superior to what is in my copy. The color one is absolutely the best of all.

Reply to
Robert Baer

What I said.

-- "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." (Richard Feynman)

Reply to
Fred Abse

What I don't understand is: you said you have a P6015 yourself, which has lost its dielectric fluid. Why not take just it apart and look and measure? You've nothing to lose. It won't be any worse when you put it back together.

Much better than any photo.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Just be absolutely sure you do not touch the resistor. It will contaminate the surface and kill the accuracy.

See the manual.

Reply to
tm

Ça va sans dire ;-)