Q: Heath audio oscillator

Heathkit had a tube oscillator based on a cathode follower from the plate load, capacitively coupled to the cathode resistor. Does anyone know the model number or have a schematic of that?

Reply to
Robert Baer

That appears to be the AG10. I found it in the djvu format on the BAMA mirror site.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

Thankx; will snoop...

Reply to
Robert Baer

CRAP! If one uses NetScape 7.2, the computer freezes (need to do power off reset) every time - even with cache, history clear and FIRST site tried ::: *every time*! There is some HD access before the crash.

*** If one uses NetScape 6.2, all works well. *** What the hell are they doing????????????
Reply to
Robert Baer

CRAP! If one uses NetScape 7.2, the computer freezes (need to do power off reset) every time - even with cache, history clear and FIRST site tried ::: *every time*! There is some HD access before the crash. *** If one uses NetScape 6.2, all works well. *** What the hell are they doing????????????

Reply to
Robert Baer

I'm betting their "Web developer" uses M$IE to "check" his (shitty) code. instead of **VALIDATING** it with the keepers of the HTML standard.

An interesting aside to this: http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:MPS64sO97MsJ:slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/10/19/0236213%26threshold=5%26mode=nested+IE-Shines-On-Broken-Code+IE-was-dynamically-rewriting-my-JavaScript-replacing-the-incorrect-delimiters-with-the-correct-ones

Reply to
JeffM

I would NEVER advise using M$IE

--much less reinstalling it once you're shed of it. I assume you used Ieradicator. http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:v6JKLWO7YMsJ:

*-will-remove-IE-and-then-it-can-be-reinstalled Treating it like a version update from M$ should reinstall it.

I have found that whenever Mozilla chokes on a poorly-coded site, my slimmer backup browser (Opera 6.0) will open it--no problem. Opera is now freeware (the trialware ads are gone). You seem to have a similar workaround.

If the content of a site is Windoze-centric, before allowing the browser a chance to go there and crash, I often feed the URL into the Validator. As I said, most Windoze idiots use IE to "check" their HTML. My instincts are rarely wrong on this. When I do get crashed and afterwards feed that site's URL into the Validator, I don't think I need to tell you what I find.

BTW, even if some idiot PHB forces you to use ActiveX, you can get an ActiveX plug-in for Seamonkey or Firefox. It's been a long time since I've seen a valid reason to use IE.

Reply to
JeffM

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:MPS64sO97MsJ:slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/10/19/0236213%26threshold=5%26mode=nested+IE-Shines-On-Broken-Code+IE-was-dynamically-rewriting-my-JavaScript-replacing-the-incorrect-delimiters-with-the-correct-ones

I did not think of trying IgnoramusExpectorant on bama, i would have to run yet a different OS to do that. I ripped IE out of most of my OSes by its roots, screeming and complaining to no avail... and have not had to look back as to how to "re-install" the dammed program. In fact, once it is gone, it seems impossible to re-install; one must start from scratch with an empty drive and install the OS to get IE.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Did you ever get what you wanted from BAMA? If not, I can email the schematic to you. I think the file is about 1 MB.

Reply to
Don Bowey

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:v6JKLWO7YMsJ:

*-will-remove-IE-and-then-it-can-be-reinstalled

Actually, i removed IE by hand from the HD and then from the registry. Not too hard to do in Win98SE, gave up in Win2K but do not use it unless some verdammt prog *demands* it. ie: USPS demands IE and Acrobat Reader ver 6 in order to print out the customs shipper for Global Express Guaranteed (one gets a discount if one pays on the net VS going to a post office that handles GXG). Oh, and by the way, even if one jumps thru those hoops, it will not work if you have a *full*, older version of Acrobat installed.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I "cheated" by using an older version of Netscape (ver 6.2 works, 7.2 freezes). Thanks for the offer (have what i was looking for).

Reply to
Robert Baer