KDS XF-7e monitor

I have a monitor with a burned resistor, R509. Anyone have a schematic of this model that can tell me the value of the resistor? Anyone know a web site that has a schematic for this model? Thanks. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Where does one get schematics for monitors nowadays? Is there anything similar to the old Sams Photofacts?

Reply to
Bob

I've gotten lucky here before:

[I didn't see your model listed.]
--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.
Reply to

Bob, That resistor is 22 ohms at 1 watt. It is in series with C503 (0.047/400) and they are in parallel with the transformer nearby. I think it is used as a snubber circuit. Hope this helps. Pete

Reply to
OldElecTech

Thats it! Thanks a bunch - thought I'd have to trash it because of .25c resistor. You da man!

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Pete, I noticed you had a post about this same circuit in another monitor. Appears that the resistor shorted to the cap through the coatings. I replaced both, paralleling two 47ohm 1w resistors, giving me a 2w combo. So far it's working & not heating up. Thanks for the help. Bob

Reply to
Bob