Q: free software for stripboard design (for Linux)

Dear all, I am searching for a free (or open source) program for stripboard design which runs under Linux. I searched for a while on the Internet (I looked in several discussion groups, googled for a while, searched in sourceforge and at

but I was only able to find references to an old "stripboard magic" program and a few demo versions of commercial programs, mostly of which requirings Windows. I found also a few PCB design programs (commercial and free), but noone seems specifically tailored to stripboards.

It seems so impossible to me that noone in the open source community ever had the necessity to design a stripboard....

Thanks for your help

Reply to
mockturtle

Im also wondering why you need to design stripboard. To a large extent the design can occur during population. But if youre doing quantity and want to optimise the layout, stripboard is generally not the way to go. No doubt you've got a good reason though.

Or do you mean microwave work? I dont think microwave office is freeware, and dont know of a free one.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Actually, my circuit is not very complex and I could allocate the components on the board in "real time", but I would like some tool which could help me avoiding errors. Just to make it clear, I am not searching for tools such autorouting, but something that, for example, keeps track of thedifferent nets and show them with different coulurs, check that every component has been connected, automatically place "breaks" when needed and update the plan when I move a component.

Reply to
mockturtle

Right, all too easy to make those mistakes. I would think though that entering it into a puter would take longer than checking it over by eye. I dont use stripboard much these days, but when I do I always check each net after its done.

Maybe there is such software. Lets ask sed too.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You could try looking at