Prospective Female Engineer

I don't give a hairy rat's hiney WHAT he believes so long as he doesn't force me to believe it too. I heard him speak in Philly last year and he has some damned good ideas and appears to be about as straight as a stringline.

Obama's my man, but if the Repubs win, I hope it is Hucky.

Jim

-- "If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." --Henry Ford

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

Jim Thompson wrote: ::::I can never vote for Shrillary :-( :::: RST Engineering (jw) TOP-POSTED:

Just what we need: another theocrat who is strong on that "Revealed Truth" nonsense. (Screw that empirical stuff about "No WMD" and "no links to al Qaeda"

--hell, "faith-based intelligence" should be good enough.) 8-(

Yup, I''l hand him that--but >>Huckleberry _honestly_ believes the world is only 6000 years old.

Uh huh. We don't need another 4 years of anti-scientific (not just UNscientific) leadership. After shipping all the manufacturing jobs offshore, the Republicans have pissed on one of the big opportunities we have to gain a toehold in an emerging market (biotech).

RST Engineering (jw) TOP-POSTED:

Stop and think just a moment about who gets to appoint Supreme Court justices. Now remember how long THOSE guys get to keep those jobs. THAT is the *real* power of the Presidency.

The lack of availability of certain medical procedures in certain states is the legacy of a series of Republican administrations. You're not aware of the creep of the erosion of personal rights until they're all gone; then it's another generation or 2 before the tide can be turned.

Still want a Bible-thumping Republican in there?

Reply to
JeffM

Wait,

Any religious believer has a need to force their shit down everyones throat.

Its written in the bible.

So, please no.

donald

Reply to
donald

The only question she needs to answer is, "Do you love engineering?"

If the answer is yes, then, well, you do the math. ;-)

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Oh gawd,

" FAITH BASED INTELLIGENCE," Man, we didnt have THAT in our polictical science classes. Poly Sci is one of my teaching fields, part of my degree in secondary ed. Your gonna give me nightmares for weeks with that one. I'm praying for the academy grad's election , hoping he remembers at least part of the Honor Code.

Steve Roberts

Reply to
osr

And one other piece of advice for the young lady. Language learning skills tend to fall off at 25. She should take Chinese. Many of our American grad students find it a useful skill for getting hired.

Steve roberts

Reply to
osr

Science advances one funeral at a time.

--
John English
Reply to

An excellent recommendation. Second that.

--
John English
Reply to

dui, dui!

Cheers Terry dienzi gongchengshi

Reply to
Terry Given

I once had a lady engineer supervisor, and she was quite pleasant to work with. This was back in the days when you could notice that a woman is dressed nice or has nice legs, and she'd say "Thank you :-)."

I once asked her what possessed her to get into EE and she said she did it for the money. "I didn't want to spend the rest of my life as some kind of secretary or something, so I went to school."

But, like I said before, you have to love it to be successful at it.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Unfortunately, that message is not getting through the local school board. Chinese is not an option in High School here.

Reply to
linnix

Send him after dimbulb.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Really? Where is that? What Book, Chapter and Verse? I'd like to see it, in writing. Or are you just so bigoted that you can't think straight?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

d>>Any religious believer has a need to force their shit down everyones throat.

Sounds more like the Koran.

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

As any imam can tell you, it's easy to *interpret* dogma to suit your own philosophy.

The same passage from a less-frothing-at-the-mouth type:

JeffM

I did not state a specific religion, they are ALL the same.

How can I evangelize my friends and family without pushing them away? However, we are commanded to share the Gospel ? there are no excuses for not doing so (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8; 1 Peter 3:15). ...

Apologetics | Christian Freedoms and Heritage | Religious Broadcasting Christians are commanded to share the gospel ... Telling others about Christ and his teachings is central to the Christian life (1 Peter

3:15-16). ...

These ones sounds good. Or did Michael not get to this chapter in his bible thump^H^H^H^H^Hreading class.

Making law out of make believe is the problem.

Thanks JeffM.

donald

Reply to
donald

Yes - the C-47. I think they never did fly with tanks; "Millitary planners" wanted to. It was one of the many plans for D-Day that were abandoned along the way (probably just as well).

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen