what a mess

John

Arizona is just fine... it's raining, so a "flood watch" is issued for those snowbirds that don't have the brains to stay out of dry creeks, washes or riverbeds ;-)

Fortunately, since last year, we now have a "dumb driver" law. If you try to drive across a flowing wash and get stranded, you have to PAY for your rescue ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

And, if you drive around a "Do Not Cross" barrier, there are HEAVY fines.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Like who gives a shit anyway. I don't live in that crap country.

Hardy

Reply to
HardySpicer

*Whew.*

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

PS: It's pretty nice here in the NYC Burbs--bright sunshine, about 40 degrees.

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

It always puzzles me when an Aussie behaves so.

But I guess there still must be some descendants around from the prison colony days.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Stay away. I'm certain that your scenery, food, people, and electronics industry are far superior.

But why do you use gmail?

John

To make it easy to plonk him ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Ain't nothing like the storms a couple weeks ago when the tool du jour out here was the chain saw.

This year we bought five cords of wood which I thought would really be overkill. It's dwindling fast, the stove runs on 100% duty cycle since early December :-(

Oh, and it's really pouring right now.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I'm hot. I think I better have a beer.....a nice Monteiths Black :)

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

In three hours we'll pop a Blackhawk Ale :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Awww, thats not fair guys.

These look really good.

:-)

donald

Reply to
donald

They've been doing that to the city kids on the VT ski slopes for a while. Their parents can expect a *big* bill if they ski off the marked trails and a rescue team has to be dispatched. Helicopters get expensive to run too.

--
Keith
Reply to

You should try those:

But they are only available at the pub which is also the brewery.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Yikes! You do use a lot of wood! It's been a pretty mild winter here. Only once below zero, I think. Good thing, since I have electric heat.

We got about an inch of snow today. No big deal, but we went through a bunch of windshield washing fluid (looking at houses).

--
Keith
Reply to

mouth-wateringly good!

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Plus one ton of pellets. Used to be two cord plus 1/2 a ton of pellets, same house. Global warming sure ain't happening here.

Find one with a big honking wood stove. Any other fuel has the potential to cause a huge slurping sound in your bank account. Some people on electric heat out here pay as much in a month as a season's worth of firewood costs us.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Are you heating the entire state? Does the governator know you're the state's single largest contributor to global warming (forgetting the CO2)?

Pretty much everything is gas around here. They told me the apartment was electric because the gas doesn't run this far out. Last week I got to wondering about the guy's honesty. The houses he builds right around the corner are all gas.

--
Keith
Reply to

10 miles up into the mountains people are now up to almost 10 (!) cords. It simply gets colder every winter. But: Wood is CO2 neutral. Any other energy source except ranch methane nuclear is not.

Electricity ties you to a monopoly. Not a good idea IMHO.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Our week total for Central California is 7.8" (19.8cm). We even had snow in the mountains, which is rare for us. Hiking in the hills yesterday was quite nice with the roaring creeks and occasional rain bands moving through.

--
Mark
Reply to