Problems with .htaccess file

My site works well now, with the .htaccess file disabled. I edited it and commented out all of the lines that redirect HTTP to HTTPS, and oil4lessllc.com to

and all variants i collected.

Re-enabling it makes my site unaccesable, and i get repetitive "calls", like

Until something gets filled or otherwise runs out of steam.

And i have no clue as to what is messing up.

AFAIK there are no debuggers or tracers or other helpful programs/adders/overlays etc.

Ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I had some similar trouble for a while, and no clue what was wrong either. I finally realized that a mixture of http and https with absolute URLs doesn't work anymore. Use relative URLs wherever you can.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

set a different document root for http and https

leave index.html out of the redirect

--
  Jasen.
Reply to

Do you have a backup of a working version that you can compare to?

Are you running Apache (I've not looked at headers) or something else that uses the .htaccess file?

Presuming that you're running Apche HTTPD. ? My guess, is that you're missing some RewriteCond statements to only apply the RewriteRule(s) to the proper requests.

It looks like you've likely got a recursive loop.

Email me directly if you'd like to discuss this further. (I don't feel like this is sci.electronics.design related.)

Good luck.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

Yes; that is what i do. But what i need is either a reasonable way to find out what is wrong with my .htaccess file (and fix it),or some expert to fix it.

Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Cannot work as-is; HTTP is re-directed to HTPPS elsewhere.

Reply to
Robert Baer

  • I have learned the hard way to have backup versions. But i also know i never had a working version.
  • Yes; Apache.

  • That may be if and when i can get to the point where the .htaccess file works at all. Right now,i have all of that stuff commented out and the file does not work. Seems to prevent CSS to do anything; cannot say about JavaScript.
  • Correct, but there are so many people here that know so many other things, and i am in a pickle; that is the why of the posting.

Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

ss, is that you're

feel

Who hosts the website? Ask them for help.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

That cannot be correct.

--