PMSG to motor

I have a driven shaft turning a PMSG connected to a three phase rectifier creating a 24 volt DC output current.

also have a motor controller connected to the PMSG using 24 volt DC input, that turns the PMSG shaft at 350 rpm.
I have been disconnecting the rectifier and connecting the motor controller to switch from generator to motor. Is there a way to switch the PMSG from a generator to a motor without disconnecting one and connecting the other?

Reply to
Peter Sotropa

A six-mosfet bridge can move energy in either direction. With no gate drive, the substrate diodes make a 3-phase bridge rectifier, or with more work could be a synchronous rectifier. In the other direction, with drive, they could turn the alternator into a stepper motor.

I'm writing an article now for a magazine, about PM alternators and FADECS. They use a hybrid diode+mosfet bridge to rectify and regulate the alternator output.

Reply to
jlarkin