VAC fan connected to VDC?

I just got a fan from radioshack and accidently picked the VAC fan because I was comparing noise specs.

What happens if I hook it up to VDC? nothing?

Reply to
Johnny Chang

You can smoke salmon with it.(terrible taste)

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

No, it won't work. It looks like another trip. Take your receipt, they won't take anything back without a receipt.

Reply to
Robert Monsen

nothing useful (probably it will do nothing but overheat)

If noise is important find an AC supply for it, else I expect RS will refund your money if undamaged and packaging is mostly intact.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts